Last play sums up the grit and attitude it takes to win rivalry games

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
Lol it was a meaningless play. Yeah get drilled and suffer a terrible brain injury that could impact your entire career on an untimed down when the game is 100% over. Get out of here with that ****.

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
He didn't even start...

his sophomore year. He lost twice to M-State and looked like crap in those games. Good for him..he had a great year. Who's the QB next year?

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Lol it was a meaningless play. Yeah get drilled and suffer a terrible brain injury that could impact your entire career on an untimed down when the game is 100% over. Get out of here with that ****.
Totally agree with this. The game was over. No need to risk injury there.

Joe Schmedlap

Aug 11, 2010
3rd and 1 deep in the red zone trailing by multiple scores. You have 5 or 6 yards of undefended grass in front of you, but you don’t take it. You don’t even use your patented wussy slide which could have worked this time. You instead throw incomplete. Tailback gets the 1st down on 4th and 1, but jimminy cricket. Grow a pair.

MSUCE99

Nov 15, 2005
Totally agree with this. The game was over. No need to risk injury there.

Well why the 17 didn’t we just take a knee and head to the locker room then? Rogers could have pulled a hammy running to the 3 yd line or something.

STLDawg

Apr 16, 2017
I don’t blame Rogers for sliding. I blame the program culture that was on display tonight.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Rogers wasn't good again tonight. He's like the rest of the team. Couple steps forward, couple back. We got physically whipped all over the field tonight. We're soft as baby ****.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Rogers wasn't good again tonight. He's like the rest of the team. Couple steps forward, couple back. We got physically whipped all over the field tonight. We're soft as baby ****.
Yep. I didn’t expect our D to get whipped up front like they did.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
You wanted your QB to risk injury to score a meaningless TD with zero seconds on the clock? I get the rivalry brings out the worst in a lot of us, self included, but that’s idiotic.

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
I wouldn’t have had a problem with it. Game is over. Lol at people saying he should have lowered his shoulder and took on 2 defenders. For what? For what????? 17.

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
Go over to LP2 and sub in for Mahomes please. I’m sick of you playing inactive players. Yes I’m drunk.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

Or better yet put a skirt on him and let him lead the maroon and white cheer.

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012

They didn’t get physically whipped, they laid down the entire game and never gave a damn.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Yeah I don’t get this gripe. The game was over. You don’t need the future of your program taking a meaningless hit in garbage time.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Rogers sliding was fine. He was banged up. But why the hell was he running to begin with? They rushed two guys. He had already moved the pocket. Just throw the damn ball up for grabs. His poor pocket presence was on display all night. He's got to get that **** corrected in the off season.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Rogers sliding was fine. He was banged up. But why the hell was he running to begin with? They rushed two guys. He had already moved the pocket. Just throw the damn ball up for grabs. His poor pocket presence was on display all night. He's got to get that **** corrected in the off season.

I don't have a problem sliding if we are picking up positive yards on first or second down. But on a big third down or on a chance to score, you're right...he's got to THROW the ball. At that point if he decides to run it instead, he's gotta lower his shoulder and fight for those yards.

We had a huge second and 20 where Rogers took off to run and slid to leave us in a third and thirteen where he easily could have picked up five more yards. It was a big play.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
^^^^This^^^^ Rogers didn’t really attack or challenge the Ole Miss DB’s the second half with his arm. He was back to early season mode.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Taking a knee was the right thing to do. Don't let some unlikely, but freak injury happen and gtfo after that loss and move on.

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
Will was probably hurt early on that sack, and has had a hurt shoulder most of the year and some of you are questioning his grit? This is bs.

Without him we are 1-11 this year.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Without him we are 1-11 this year.

No way. Lovertich’s stat line was the same as Will’s all spring and preseason camps. He also looked as good when he got to play in the game this season. I’d say it wouldn’t have been much of a drop off if any at all. In fact, in some instances, plays, and situations Lovertich might would have been better.

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
Lotta stupid on this board when it comes to bashing Rogers and Leach at every opportunity. Must be in the water these days. They can’t make guys catch the ball and they aren’t at fault when guys brick-hand throws or try to catch them with their face mask. These kinds of games happen. Hurts when it does but things are actually looking pretty good for the immediate future.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Only Mississippi State fans would ***** about a guy still trying to compete in the game that had long been over. For the first time in forever we had a team still trying to score still trying to play hard even after the game was essentially over and people are going to ***** about one 17ing play?

I'm sorry you didn't get fries with your meal.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Bama kept him in one play too long against us and he suffered that "catastrophic" injury.

A "catastrophic" injury can occur on any play. More likely odds are that the player will get tackled and get up and return to the huddle.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login