Laundromat on University in the Cotton District caught on fire

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I bet there's still navel lint in that place from when I was taking clothes there in 1982.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Having a laundromat in the most prime real estate location in town is such a Starkville thing. I'm sure they'll tear it down and put a bank there eventually.
No, they'll put another pop-up, "trendy" restaurant that averages $20-$25+ a meal in Starkville, Mississippi. Because obviously there are too few of those in the Cotton District.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Having a laundromat in the most prime real estate location in town is such a Starkville thing. I'm sure they'll tear it down and put a bank there eventually.

I'd guess Mexican, chicken, or burger. The new Greek restaurant (Bluto's Greek Tavern) supposed to open just down the street in the Humble Taco location January 16

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Who owns that laundromat?

Perhaps someone who wanted to exit the industry….Flo and Eddie’s style****

Seriously though, I read that laundromats are some of the highest profit / lowest overhead / lowest risk small businesses out there. A single person can run one, hardly ever have to be there, and just pay the electric bill along with completing basic maintenance. And that location is prime real estate for a laundromat too, considering how many of those matchbox sized properties in the CD have a stack washer/dryer that can barely clean a single load of underwear and socks in a timely manner.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Seriously though, I read that laundromats are some of the highest profit / lowest overhead / lowest risk small businesses out there. A single person can run one, hardly ever have to be there, and just pay the electric bill along with completing basic maintenance. And that location is prime real estate for a laundromat too, considering how many of those matchbox sized properties in the CD have a stack washer/dryer that can barely clean a single load of underwear and socks in a timely manner.
Also a great place to pick up chicks with low standards.

Reactions: Anon1669338224
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login