Laying bricks from the stripe

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Gonna need to hit those to stay in this one.
I didn't have a lot of hope that we could win this game. I just wanted to be able to play ball with them. Alabama is very good outside of not being able to hit our free throws. I'm really proud of the way they played the first half.

Reactions: onewoof

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I've always felt a high school team should average 65% FT, a college team should average 75%, and at the pro level about 90%. Looks like we weren't even sniffin' it.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Missed free throws...again.
This is 2 decades and 4 coaches where many seasons MSU was terrible from the line.
We were 18 for 36.
Tolu was 3 for 15.
A college starter should make more FTs blindfolded.

cant argue …this says it all.
We have a handful of bangers.
Not a lot of, grace, out there

Unfortunately, as for this year, we will struggle against top 25 opponents until we can recruit a few “graceful” handlers

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
There is no jansplanation possible as to why we did not bother to recruit any offense, and still have not bothered to work on free throws. We will end up sub .500 with our inability on the offensive end. The first half was close because bama wasn't hitting, not because we are awesome.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
There is no jansplanation possible as to why we did not bother to recruit any offense, and still have not bothered to work on free throws. We will end up sub .500 with our inability on the offensive end. The first half was close because bama wasn't hitting, not because we are awesome.
They said during the broadcast that Tolu shoots free throws for hours after practice.

Reactions: AFDawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
They said during the broadcast that Tolu shoots free throws for hours after practice.
It’s completely in Tolu’s head. He was a pretty decent free throw shooter last season for a big man. All of a sudden he shoots them worse than Shaq. He’s got to get rid of the mental block somehow and just shooting free throws after practice won’t do it.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It’s completely in Tolu’s head. He was a pretty decent free throw shooter last season for a big man. All of a sudden he shoots them worse than Shaq. He’s got to get rid of the mental block somehow and just shooting free throws after practice won’t do it.
Exactly

Reactions: AFDawg

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

There's no way Tolu practices free throws for hours. 3-15? No way.

I do agree that at least part of Tolu's FT problem is mental. However, if he has good FT shooting form and puts in some FT practice with a good coach, then the mental problem can be overcome rather easily. (I think.)

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021

that’s not how intentional practice works. If you practice hours properly then it should look like a machine up there.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
There is such a thing as getting a player and a team too hyped up before a game. Tolu was a bundle of nerves last night

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Missed free throws...again.
This is 2 decades and 4 coaches where many seasons MSU was terrible from the line.
We were 18 for 36.
Tolu was 3 for 15.
A college starter should make more FTs blindfolded.
Actually, 3 deacdes going 4 and 7 coaches. I rarely remember us being money from the charity stripe except for an occasional outlying season.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
There is such a thing as getting a player and a team too hyped up before a game. Tolu was a bundle of nerves last night

For a 5th year senior NOT playing his first home game? That's a very bad look.

Maybe he just doesn't like big home crowds. After last night, you won't see another one like it (unfortunately).

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I would like to see hime be more assertive / aggressive in the paint. I feel like his play is somehow constarined / restrained -- not quite sure how to describe it.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
For this team to have any real success this year, we badly need Tolu to be our reliable cornerstone, but man… 1-7 from the field, 3-15 from FT, and 3 TOs

Reactions: onewoof

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I would like to see hime be more assertive / aggressive in the paint. I feel like his play is somehow constarined / restrained -- not quite sure how to describe it.
It’s pretty hard to be aggressive and assertive when you’re getting double teamed. He needs his teammates to make some shots to take the pressure off of him.

Reactions: mstateglfr

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Someone get Rick Barry on the line.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login