Leach 0-9 in his last 9 Rivalry Games.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I’m not happy with the last two but it’s disingenuous to pretend that the Apple Cup and the Egg Bowl are similar rivalries. Washington has significantly more talent and resources than Wazzu.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I’m not happy with the last two but it’s disingenuous to pretend that the Apple Cup and the Egg Bowl are similar rivalries. Washington has significantly more talent and resources than Wazzu.
Final Washington State 40 Washington 13

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
So, who gives a **** about TV viewership? Baseball is the #2 sport in MS. Ask some of your OM buddies if they’d rather have a baseball Natty or go to an NY6 bowl and get back to us…

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
So, who gives a **** about TV viewership? Baseball is the #2 sport in MS. Ask some of your OM buddies if they’d rather have a baseball Natty or go to an NY6 bowl and get back to us…
Well right now Ole Miss is the best program in the #1 Sport in Mississippi. Can’t we be #1 in both?

Last edited:

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Yeah and next year they’re going to suck because Corral won’t be there along with half of their offense. You act like OM has some chance to win a Natty in football ever. I have a better chance of winning the Powerball tonight.

I can’t decide if you’re and OM troll or a State booster and Cohen banged your wife. Either way, if OM was 6-6 or 7-5, you wouldn’t be posting these hot takes.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
I've been hearing next year Mississippi is going to suck for 20 years now. And yet, overall, they're usually about on par with us. Kiffin is a good coach and I expect he'll bring in some talent to replace what they're losing.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Yeah and next year they’re going to suck because Corral won’t be there along with half of their offense. You act like OM has some chance to win a Natty in football ever. I have a better chance of winning the Powerball tonight.

I can’t decide if you’re and OM troll or a State booster and Cohen banged your wife. Either way, if OM was 6-6 or 7-5, you wouldn’t be posting these hot takes.
My wife, daughter and I all are MSU Grads. What year did you get your MSU Diploma?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If leach can average 7.5 wins from this point forward regular season, we can fire him in 10 years if he is 0-10 against ole miss.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Undefeated against ole miss with a better 2 year record than leach. I’ll take leach.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I honestly don’t think most msu fans think this way. Just a loud majority on the internet.

Bill wasn’t at the game but Lives in Mississippi and claims to be a die hard fan.

Was lee there? Probably not.

Oct 13, 2012
Y’all need Jesus. Pray for some form of intelligence. I can’t believe there are takes as dumb as firing leach

hoopscoach21

Jul 13, 2017
I can’t believe Clemson didn’t fire that idiot Dabo. He started out I think 0-5 against their in state rival. I don’t care what he’s done since then, according to a ton of fans on message boards I’ve seen that’s unacceptable and he should’ve been fired.

**edited to add I looked it up and he started 1-5 and lost 5 in a row**

Last edited:

grimedawg1

Aug 25, 2012
This stat is just irrelevant and useless. I do not care what Leach did at Washington State while Washington was coached by one of the biggest names in college football and has significantly more history and resources. It’s a true statement, but it has absolutely no relevance to this rivalry.

It’s like pointing out Matt Campbell is 0-5 against Iowa or Mike Gundy is 2-14 against Oklahoma. Those are historically lopsided series. But Matt Campbell is currently one of the hottest names in football. And Gundy has been great for Ok State. Would anyone suggest those schools need to do something about those coaches?

It is fair to point out that Leach is 0-2 against Ole Miss. I for one credit him for taking a very limited roster to Oxford last year. It’s a lot better than ole miss begging out against A&M last year when its numbers were down (kind of goes to the mindset of falling down on defense to avoid getting whipped).

This year State had a shot but had to play well. It didn’t. But let’s not act like there’s this humongous gap or Leach can’t coach because we did not play well one night.

Leach does need to win this game. But pulling out that stat is just uselessly trying to make these last two ole miss games seem worse than they are.

Last edited:

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
This stat is just irrelevant and useless. I do not care what Leach did at Washington State while Washington was coached by one of the biggest names in college football and has significantly more history and resources. It’s a true statement, but it has absolutely no relevance to this rivalry.

It’s like pointing out Matt Campbell is 0-5 against Iowa or Mike Gundy is 2-14 against Oklahoma. Those are historically lopsided series. But Matt Campbell is currently one of the hottest names in football. And Gundy has been great for Ok State. Would anyone suggest those schools need to do something about those coaches?

It is fair to point out that Leach is 0-2 against Ole Miss. I for one credit him for taking a very limited roster to Oxford last year. It’s a lot better than ole miss begging out against A&M last year when its numbers were down (kind of goes to the mindset of falling down on defense to avoid getting whipped).

This year State had a shot but had to play well. It didn’t. But let’s not act like there’s this humongous gap or Leach can’t coach because we did not play well one night.

Leach does need to win this game. But pulling out that stat is just uselessly trying to make these last two ole miss games seem worse than they are.

It’s especially annoying when people compare Leach losing to two good Kiffin teams to Moorhead beating two terrible Matt Luke teams. It’s no different than people that used to defend Croom over Mullen because Croom had two wins against mediocre Bama teams.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Well right now Ole Miss is the best program in the #1 Sport in Mississippi. Can’t we be #1 in both?

For the first four years of ya boy Cohen’s tenure, we were #1 in both. We’ve been #1 in baseball all 6 years and #1 in football 4 of 6 years. Not good enough for your dumbass I suppose.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I've been hearing next year Mississippi is going to suck for 20 years now. And yet, overall, they're usually about on par with us. Kiffin is a good coach and I expect he'll bring in some talent to replace what they're losing.

They’ve been “on par” or better than us exactly 3 times since 2009. This year, last year, and 2015. Mullen’s clown *** still found a way to lose a few to teams that weren’t as good as us, but saying they’re usually on par with us when we’ve been better for 10 of the past 13 years just isn’t true.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login