Leach chose us

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I think this is what hurts the most. He chose to come here and coach. He knew it would be a challenge and he welcomed it. He embraced State & Starkville. I firmly believe he would’ve delivered our best season in program history if he’d been given time to do so. When many programs are worried their coach might leave for greener pastures or about the skeletons in their coach’s closet, Leach was a verifiably great guy and loyal to boot. This is just a huge blow to the State community and college football as a whole. I mean his coaching tree speaks for itself. Sorry to rant, I’m just really upset right now. There’s just no replacing him. He broke the mold. RIP.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I think this is what hurts the most. He chose to come here and coach. He knew it would be a challenge and he welcomed it. He embraced State & Starkville. I firmly believe he would’ve delivered our best season in program history if he’d been given time to do so. When many programs are worried their coach might leave for greener pastures or about the skeletons in their coach’s closet, Leach was a verifiably great guy and loyal to boot. This is just a huge blow to the State community and college football as a whole. I mean his coaching tree speaks for itself. Sorry to rant, I’m just really upset right now. There’s just no replacing him. He broke the mold. RIP.
Well said

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
It's a sad day. He became a Bulldog in no time and I've been getting texts from non-Bulldog friends and family offering condolenses. I didn't personally know him, but he's been a fixture for us as Bulldog fans and for SEC fans and he really just got started at State. I so want to yell at the TV "RUN THE BALL" for at least another year and watch the Air Raid just work beautifully when it's on. I pray that his family finds peace and solace soon. Legend. He'll be missed by a lot people.

Reactions: cytubb and Dawg84

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
With what we have coming back and a little improvement, we may have challenged for a 10-win season in 2023.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Agreed.

I think one of the things I liked most about him is I felt he would be here until he retired. As aggravated as I’d sometimes get, I think it’s easy to see he had us going in a good direction. I hate we don’t get to see at least a few more years of what he could do here.

God bless him and keep him.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
If they don't blow it up we still can. I feel sure Spurrier can run that offense and of course we know what Arnett can do. I just wish he could see it all come together. But I suppose he will be watching
I hope that’s what they do. It feels like the right thing. And i don’t mean football wise. It feels like the right thing to do period.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I hope that’s what they do. It feels like the right thing. And i don’t mean football wise. It feels like the right thing to do period.
Well you know if they bring a new coach in he will have new assistants and so all these guys will have to go somewhere else and that ain't cool. It's not like they are getting fired. This needs to continue.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login