Leach to OU

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I highly doubt they go that way and highly doubt he would go there if offered considering his past coaching history.

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
The Switzer quote is painful/comical to read.

First calls us "ole miss" then suggests that Leach has taken us from a cellar dweller to bowl contention.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
If I read that correctly, Leach suddenly has OM Bowl Eligible? I think he had too many get happy puffs before the segment.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Switzer is probly addle brained but the idea is not that far fetched. They are set up for the Air Raid, he use to be the OC there. Not many big name coaches left out there

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Cellar dweller in SEC and now has them in bowl contention? Wow I thought we had the third longest streak for bowls in the country? That is a load of crap no way he heads to OU, next be speculation please.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
First calls us "ole miss" then suggests that Leach has taken us from a cellar dweller to bowl contention.

I caught that. Hell I think only two other SEC schools have been to more Bowls than State the past 12 years. I might be a little off on the number but point remains the same.

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012

He probably spends as much time thinking about college football in Mississippi as I do about college football in Kansas. Which is not much.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Leach can go ahead and go as far as I'm concerned.

We will not win many Egg bowls with him. (If any)

The air raid is great between the 20s, but stalls in the red zone.

I’ll come down to your level then. Who would you hire if Leach leaves?

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Leach can go ahead and go as far as I'm concerned.

We will not win many Egg bowls with him. (If any)

His air raid is great between the 20s, but stalls in the red zone.

History says our chances of downgrading from Leach are a lot better than our chances of upgrading.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
You forgot the sarcasterisks. It would be horrible if we lost Leach. Ray Charles can see we are on the upswing. Sadly so is Ga, Bama, OM, Kentucky, and now Kelly to LSU. Yikes. Gonna be a tough row to hoe.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
All I'm going to say is remember who our AD is.

I will say that if Leach took the opportunity to 17 over Cohen after Cohen was a spineless idiot on the tweet, it would be what Cohen deserved. But I suspect leach is still a little too weird for blue bloods.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
You forgot the sarcasterisks. It would be horrible if we lost Leach. Ray Charles can see we are on the upswing. Sadly so is Ga, Bama, OM, Kentucky, and now Kelly to LSU. Yikes. Gonna be a tough row to hoe.

I want to believe that but I honestly feel like next year will be a holding pattern. Not worse but not much better. The o line is a major concern and so are the special teams. If they miss on the OTs we could see a regression.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Our red zone stats are pretty mediocre (tied for 49th in scoring percentage with more FGs than most teams around us). And somewhat padded by something like 19 of our first 20 against the early OOC opponents. We certainly weren't worth a **** in the red zone on Thanksgiving.

MississippiTexan

Jun 11, 2014
Our red zone stats are pretty mediocre (tied for 49th in scoring percentage with more FGs than most teams around us). And somewhat padded by something like 19 of our first 20 against the early OOC opponents. We certainly weren't worth a **** in the red zone on Thanksgiving.

I actually think our redzone offense worked well on Thanksgiving. Dropped touchdown passes that absolutely should have been caught and missed field close field goals do not indicate that the offensive system did not work. It actually proves that the system works but the players aren't executing it. We lost because we didn't execute, but Leach's system absolutely put us in a position to win that game.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I actually think our redzone offense worked well on Thanksgiving. Dropped touchdown passes that absolutely should have been caught and missed field close field goals do not indicate that the offensive system did not work. It actually proves that the system works but the players aren't executing it. We lost because we didn't execute, but Leach's system absolutely put us in a position to win that game.

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good narrative.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I want to believe that but I honestly feel like next year will be a holding pattern. Not worse but not much better. The o line is a major concern and so are the special teams. If they miss on the OTs we could see a regression.
I think this is right, but that doesn't mean we aren't on the upswing. It's fairly common for new coaches to sort of stall or take a small step backwards. Very few show just straightline improvement each year. Dabo Swinney went from 8 regular season wins in his first full season to 6 regular season wins in his second fully season before winning ten his next three seasons. Not saying I'm expectcing that from Leach, just saying that us holding steady or even taking a small step back next year doesn't mean we aren't on the upswing.

kired

Aug 22, 2008

Hate to say it but I agree. If we can't fill those OT spots, I'm worried it will be like 2010 vs 2011. We had all the playmakers back on that offense that had really started clicking over 2010, but we took a step back in 2011. Our main loss? Tried to replace Derek Sherrod with a defensive tackle who got banged up some.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018

4 FG tries with a FR kicker that is what? 45% on the season? Just GO for it.

This offense needs TDs and they need to be scored from outside the red zone. Air Raid works on playmakers in open space. Very little open space to work with down close. I wish Leach could have a red zone package in which we have tighter O-Line spacing and a RPO-type QB with a good bruising RB, but that's not him, and those days are gone. We've got what we've got...for better or worse.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Our redzone offense was ranked 5th in the SEC even with TAM and 49th nationally. For comparison in 2014 when we were 54th nationally. People love to listen to the idiot announcers that find anything that they think is a reason an offense to fail. Leach's Air Raid has been under the microscope because these same naysayers were blabbing about how it wouldn't work in the SEC. Quit listening to the babbling naysayers and join the winners!

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Hate to say it but I agree. If we can't fill those OT spots, I'm worried it will be like 2010 vs 2011. We had all the playmakers back on that offense that had really started clicking over 2010, but we took a step back in 2011. Our main loss? Tried to replace Derek Sherrod with a defensive tackle who got banged up some.

Consider how long it has taken for the current OL to halfway get things together and one of them is NFL talent. I’m not sure if it’s coaching or scheme that has made that progress slow, hopefully it’s just a scheme issue and not poor coaching. With the progression of the rest of the offense maybe the coaches will have the flexibility to spend more time with the OL in the next year and help speed up their progression. If special teams cuts out the mistakes and missed kicks and the new tackles are at least decent then I think the team will be fine.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Above average isn’t bad.

No one has ever said it was good.

Tons of idiots have said it was bad.

Don’t be an idiot.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login