Leach will go as far as recruiting takes him....

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Outside of an uptick there, we are going to get Dan Mullen results. Hover at 6-8 wins and maybe pull off the 10-win season once we get into his tenure when the experience and schedule hits right. Happened in year 6 with Mullen, happened in year 9 at Texas Tech with Leach, and year 7 at Wazzou. It's this simple.

In 2020, 2021 and 2022, we've finished 28, 26, 26. This is the same trend Mullen was on. Final results will be the same.

So the question is, how to we take the next step to get into the teens. I thought Leach's name cache might do the trick. But now NIL has come along and changed the game, though I still don't think it affects us THAT much, I think it's more shuffling at the top with the 4 and 5 stars.

Doesn't matter the system, doesn't matter the coach. You only use a system or a strategy if it helps you get better players, because better players win games. And Leach's system will only attract better players if it works over time, resulting in a better talent profile a years from now.

That's the unfortunate situation we find ourselves in. If we throw the baby out now, we simply will go backwards, and it's not likely we find a better coach.

Here's to hoping that this QB recruit from Cashville is the next Johnny.

Last edited:

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Outside of an uptick there, we are going to get Dan Mullen results. Hover at 6-8 wins and maybe pull off the 10-win season once we get into his tenure when the experience and schedule hits right. Happened in year 6 with Mullen, happened in year 9 at Texas Tech with Leach, and year 7 at Wazzou. It's this simple.

In 2020, 2021 and 2022, we've finished 28, 26, 26. This is the same trend Mullen was on. Final results will be the same.

So the question is, how to we take the next step to get into the teens. I thought Leach's name cache might do the trick. But now NIL has come along and changed the game, though I still don't think it affects us THAT much, I think it's more shuffling at the top with the 4 and 5 stars.

Doesn't matter the system, doesn't matter the coach. You only use a system or a strategy if it helps you get better players, because better players win games. And Leach's system will only attract better players if it works over time, resulting in a better talent profile a years from now.

That's the unfortunate situation we find ourselves in. If we throw the baby out now, we simply will go backwards, and it's not likely we find a better coach.

Here's to hoping that this QB recruit from Cashville is the next Johnny.

Who is that?

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
It’s very possible and likely that we’ll never see another QB during Leach’s coaching tenure here at State. Barring an injury, it’s looking like Will will be a 4-5 year starter, but if we loose to Ole Miss 3-4 times in a row and go .500 overall during that time, it’s without question that Leach would be fired by then.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I agree and I think that is true for any coach. We have more good skills players this year than over the last 6 years. I see a slow improvement since Leach got here. Unfortunately, we aren't going to match up with LSU, Bummer, UGA etc. At this point, we are behind Ole Miss as well because of the portal. Ole Miss did the best job of snapping up talented players there.

BTW, NIL really hasn't changed anything other than unearthing a lot of money that was already changing hands under the table. Blue chip players been making Jack for a long time.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Who is that?
Chris Parson. Appears he's very accurate and can run in addition. And this ain't no Elijah Staley good on the hoof ********. This guy has legit offers and interest. The reason we got him is Leach and the fact that he has some family in the area. I think his dad may have even went to State.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
It’s very possible and likely that we’ll never see another QB during Leach’s coaching tenure here at State. Barring an injury, it’s looking like Will will be a 4-5 year starter, but if we loose to Ole Miss 3-4 times in a row and go .500 overall during that time, it’s without question that Leach would be fired by then.

With all due respect to Will ( he's an incredible competitor and great representative of this university) but if a 4 star QB who has 2 years in the system or an incoming multi threat highly ranked QB can't beat him out then I'll be shocked. It happens all the time at our SEC brethren schools. Starters get beat out and sometimes transfer out of conference and start elsewhere. Why should we be any different if the other players show they can play better?

Now, OL is another discussion. Short of 4 stars and high 3s from regions that throw the ball in high school it's probably not going to work for us in this league.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
This is true for every coach. And they'll admit it. Coaching adds little to the equation.

Coach O didn't add one thing ti LSU's championship and if you think he did you are delusional.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Give me some more of them Dan Mullen seasons. At least splitting with OM and winning some bowl games would be nice. And Will won't be here past next year.
Our recruiting up up around 40 now. So that's not looking promising.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login