Lemonis Poll

How long will Lemonis last?

• Total voters

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'd like to see an I have no idea option. So since I have no idea, I won't vote.

But, I don't see any way he can keep this job. This is an epic downfall.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
What's crazy is, that NC will insure he gets another job within a month of being fired.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
He’s going to get next year. Y’all may as well accept it. Foxhall will probably stay too. Inside the coaches’ offices, I’m pretty sure they are all on the same page as far as the lack of talent at pitcher.
Sounded like to me from Steve on BB this am that’s the case. Bo asked if these recruits were like a Fox decision or were they collective decisions. Steve seemed to acknowledge that these were collective decisions, so apparently it’s a coach & staff thing more than just á pitching coach decision on these arms.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
I think he could buy a little grace if he would excise the boil known as Foxhall and give our pitchers a chance to perform for somebody else, anybody else.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think he could buy a little grace if he would excise the boil known as Foxhall and give our pitchers a chance to perform for somebody else, anybody else.
And who would we hire? Nobody worth a crap is taking that job for a perceived lame duck head coach. GoPro is probably already regretting not going to Rice or Tulane.

People will say, "bUt We GoTz WeS jOhNsUnS iN 2016!!!111". Yeah we did. But Cohen wasn't on the hot seat. We had just had our pitching coach hired away as a head coach.

patdog

May 28, 2007
And who would we hire? Nobody worth a crap is taking that job for a perceived lame duck head coach. GoPro is probably already regretting not going to Rice or Tulane.

People will say, "bUt We GoTz WeS jOhNsUnS iN 2016!!!111". Yeah we did. But Cohen wasn't on the hot seat. We had just had our pitching coach hired away as a head coach.
Who thinks we'd be making an interim hire if we fired Foxhall today? Of course we wouldn't. We'd just take someone already on staff and he'd fill in. Which might be a huge improvement over Foxhall, especially if rumors of dissention between him and some of the pitchers is true.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008

WHO CARES? You could pull any unemployed pitching coach off the street and do better than what we are currently doing. Heck you could probably grab any random student on campus and do better. Who replaces Foxhall through the rest of the season would be the least of our concerns. Its going to change after that anyway.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Who thinks we'd be making an interim hire if we fired Foxhall today? Of course we wouldn't. We'd just take someone already on staff and he'd fill in. Which might be a huge improvement over Foxhall, especially if rumors of dissention between him and some of the pitchers is true.
EL OH EL. We are not firing Foxhall midseason. And probably won't after the season. He may take another job, but Lemonis isn't going to fire him.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
WHO CARES? You could pull any unemployed pitching coach off the street and do better than what we are currently doing. Heck you could probably grab any random student on campus and do better. Who replaces Foxhall through the rest of the season would be the least of our concerns. Its going to change after that anyway.
Who cares? Anyone with a brain.

Ya'll have gone crazy.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Mullen and Heavesy, Croom and McCovey, Lemonis and Foxhall. I think I am starting to see a pattern…….

Boosh

Sep 14, 2017
If State has won no SEC games through the end of April, is constantly getting run-ruled and no action is taken, how do fans take this as anything other than the AD not caring about them? I hate that a new AD has to deal with this, but I don't think the best AD we ever had, the ninja Greg Byrne, would let it go that long.

Reactions: 3000lbchicken

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
This is definitely atypical. Usually, you are excusing the first few seasons until he gets "his players". In this case, I think he proved that he can coach, but not recruit. He won a natty with someone else's players and is now stinking up worse the further he gets into his guys.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I voted for after the season because its the most likely outcome, but let this be clear:

If it were up to me, I would have harpooned his fat *** like a 5th generation Japanese whaler after the Friday game against Vandy.

Reactions: grinningmule

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I voted mid-May. I think he will be given the chance to save the season, but when it's clear we will miss the SEC tournament and a regional, I think he will be gone.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It appears the public has spoken. And as the PE exam will teach you (and the 2020 woke *** riots), public outcry generally wins.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Just as a point of order in regards to the poll, the last game of the season is on May 20th against A&M.

If we announced the Monday or Tuesday before that last series that he’s not returning, that’s Mid-May, but still pretty much at the end of the season. Thats what I voted for. I think if its a foregone conclusion, that timing makes the most sense. Gives us a week to get the ducks in a row to start the search and be ahead of the game against any other schools who ditch their guy after the season…while still keeping good optics for future candidates.

Last edited:

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
He’s going to get next year. Y’all may as well accept it. Foxhall will probably stay too. Inside the coaches’ offices, I’m pretty sure they are all on the same page as far as the lack of talent at pitcher.
SHINY. THIS IS TeXTB00K ANTI-WEAUXFING ($1)

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I’m willing to bet 1 of these is true next year
A. Foxhall won’t be here next
Or
B. Lemonis won’t be here

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
I’m willing to bet 1 of these is true next year
A. Foxhall won’t be here next
Or
B. Lemonis won’t be here
I think A. has to be true regardless. Last year our team ERA was 6.07 which was 14th in the conference (0.4 higher than the next worst team). This year our team ERA has risen to 6.70 which is again 14th in the conference (0.83 higher than the next worst team). No way you can keep the same pitching coach again next year regardless of whether Lemonis stays or goes.

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Whichever of them made the decision to put Stinnett out there in the 9th needs to stand publicly in front of a microphone and explain his reasoning. And then continue to stand there while every single MSU fan tells him what a bleeping idiot he is.
Out of options

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
3 votes for a lifetime contract since he won the Natty. Damn. I voted at the end of the season like most because I feel most of us want him to have a chance to redeem himself and so a lot depends on how the rest of the season plays out. I don't like his chances at this point and if we continue to suck for the remainder it's gonna be interesting how Selmon Reacts. I hate seeing this happen. Heartbreaking in the Sports Sense.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I voted for what I think will happen and not what I hope happens. I feel Foxhall will be the offseason sacrifice and Lemo gets one more year. Then I see us doing this all over again and ending it in 24

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login