Lemonis postgame is a good watch

1993DawgAlum

Dec 30, 2018
If you haven’t seen his Game #2 post game presser, check it out. Lemonis says last 2 months have been humbling. Really honest take from the coach on such a disappointing season. Link below. The post game presser from Vitelllo actually isn’t too bad either. He gave Preston and team plenty of respect and says Thursday night hitting and score was not reality. https://youtu.be/T0PhTIz2pLI

1993DawgAlum

Dec 30, 2018
In this interview with Vitello after the game he gives Preston some nice credit for dealing, but then he comes back and takes a shot at Lemonis for his pitching decisions (leaving Preston in too long?) so 17 him. https://youtu.be/CsZkCZO3UFc

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
I know our bullpen is a fiasco but that’s about the 3rd or 4th time we’ve left Preston in too long. We’ve done it with a few other guys that have been clearly gassed and I feel we have been punished for it far more than we’ve gotten away with it.

I would normally say it’s a result of having zero faith in your bullpen but I remember Foxhall doing that a lot last year. We just tended to come back and win those games.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I know our bullpen is a fiasco but that’s about the 3rd or 4th time we’ve left Preston in too long. We’ve done it with a few other guys that have been clearly gassed and I feel we have been punished for it far more than we’ve gotten away with it.

I would normally say it’s a result of having zero faith in your bullpen but I remember Foxhall doing that a lot last year. We just tended to come back and win those games.

He always done it. In the past he’s had the bullpen to bail him out.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I'm not sure what team you've been watching this year but our bullpen has been the most unpredictable I've seen in many years. I was delightfully shocked to see Hunt deliver a scoreless inning.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
That's a good interview and I can see why guys want to play for him. He won so it's likely a different tone than if they'd lost the game but he talks and answers questions that are actually asked instead of saying avoiding things and saying what he was. He appears honest and he's likes being competitive and players who are competitive, thus the complements for Johnson.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Not long ago LSU showed up to the CWS with a great team and lost game one on a error by a future major leaguer and was bounced out later. Before that they won a bunch of titles when Skip figured out how to win and recruit and was way ahead of everyone else. Others caught up and they've been no better than other good teams since he left. One Natty in two decades for them. Glad we had Vandy last year instead of NC State, a team that was on a roll.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Vitello is an ***, but I think he's talking about his own pitching decisions in the 7th here. He points at himself as he says it.

Edit: watched again and not sure if he was talking about himself or Lemonis. If he's talking about Lemonis that's trash

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login