Lemonis should start 9 benchwarmers tonight

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
This team will go down as the only MSU baseball team in modern history to quit. I didn't think we had it in us, but I was admittedly wrong. We need to play the guys who have less experience for an extended period of time tonight. I don't know if we have enough players to change out every single position, but last night was an inexcusable performance for an MSU baseball team, period. Tomorrow's game will be the last game for the seniors and most of them have had great MSU careers and contributed to our first national championship, so you can't really do it tomorrow in a game that doesn't matter. It has to be done tonight.

I hope this losing mentality leaves before it starts infecting next year's team. Let's keep our heads up as a fan base. I will never give up on this program and you shouldn't either. The M over S will be back!

I love you all,
-GOJ

Last edited:

msudawg200

Feb 1, 2012
Would you be saying the same thing had we lost 5-2 last night? If not, aren’t we blaming the wrong group of players? If it makes you feel better, I can almost assure you that none of the pitchers from last night will get in the game tonight.

The hitting has been a little disappointing this year to be sure (mostly in situational hitting), but the pitching and bullpen, in particular, has been the issue, and last night was no different (not saying we are likely to win only scoring 2 runs, but that’s much more likely than winning when giving up 27).

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Would you be saying the same thing had we lost 5-2 last night? If not, aren’t we blaming the wrong group of players? If it makes you feel better, I can almost assure you that none of the pitchers from last night will get in the game tonight.

The hitting has been a little disappointing this year to be sure (mostly in situational hitting), but the pitching and bullpen, in particular, has been the issue, and last night was no different (not saying we are likely to win only scoring 2 runs, but that’s much more likely than winning when giving up 27).

No, I wouldn't have thought that 5-2 was some type of unacceptable score, but that's not what happened. This team has also lost 9 straight SEC games and 11 of their last 13 games. None of that is acceptable for an MSU baseball program, and everybody knows we shouldn't be ok with that as a fan base.

We can argue about who is to blame all day, but the results speak for themselves.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

Very good point but hitters quitting is less obvious than pitching because you can't score less than 0 runs but the number of runs you give up is limitless.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
But the Dude Effect is real and its impossible to get all 27 outs without a fight***

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
This team is not winning the next 2 games and it wouldn't make any difference if they did. I would use these games to evaluate players that will be back next year. Players that we think we want to come back next year. Obviously there needs to be a complete overhaul of this squad. We need several pitchers that can actually pitch in the SEC and a few hitters also. I did not expect to repeat this year but damn sure did not see this coming.

Joe Schmedlap

Aug 11, 2010
Pitching: which players have eligibility remaining and would be welcomed to return to the program next fall?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login