Let’s say USC wins out…..

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
My guess…If they are strong wins (14+ points) all three games, I’d say yes. If they’re tight games, I say no.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Pac 12 is weak. Really weak. USC might be best team but they have been pumping Oregon and Nix hard for that redemption story.
Again, not singling you out, just jumping in the convo…..regardless whether you want to admit it….our game vs Tenn would be tight…I’d say within 10 points…

point being,
I think there’s about 4 teams who could absolutely beat Tenn in the pac 12 this year.

Compared to about 6-7 that would beat us.
Only 2 teams strong enough to play with big boys….and I see 1 of the 2 getting in.

I believe the pac 12 is severely under valued this year….along with last year.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
At that point, USC would be a 1-loss Conference Champion with wins over Notre Dame, UCLA, and either Oregon or Utah.

Their lone loss would be a 1 point loss to a ranked Utah team from a month ago.

I think that gets them in over a 1 loss Tennessee team that didn’t even win their division.

I think the real question is how the loser of Michigan & Ohio State is viewed.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
USC would have a real chance if they do that. But I tend to think they drop another game, they’ve kinda been playing with fire all year.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
.our game vs Tenn would be tight…I’d say within 10 points…
Our common opponents:
Tenn 40 - LSU 13... (MSU lost by 15)
Tenn 44 - UK 6....... (MSU lost by 10)
Tenn 13 - UGA 27. (MSU lost by 26)

My man, Tennessee would drag us up and down the field like one of those psycho moms at the mall with her kid on a leash.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Beats UCLA, Notre Dame and wins the PAC-12. They’ll get in over Tennessee won’t they?
Yes they are in. CFP loves conference champs and USC is royalty.

To win out, USC will have to win out against 3 top 20 teams most likely. Tennessee has 2 ****** teams left. USC's only loss will be forgiven. It was by 1 point on the road to a top 10ish team.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Gotta feelin' my adopted neighborhood Horny Frogs gonna run the table and throw a few monkey wrenches into the mix. UGA (if they beat LSU @ ATL, (What if LSU wins that?; LSU AND TN goes?) , Ohio State or MI, TCU & Pac 12 Champ. Gotta feelin' the selection committee's gonna push hard for only 1 SEC team this year. GO FROGS!!!

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Gotta feelin' my adopted neighborhood Horny Frogs gonna run the table and throw a few monkey wrenches into the mix. UGA (if they beat LSU @ ATL, (What if LSU wins that?; LSU AND TN goes?) , Ohio State or MI, TCU & Pac 12 Champ. Gotta feelin' the selection committee's gonna push hard for only 1 SEC team this year. GO FROGS!!!
I have been pleasantly surprised by how little the playoff committee seems to take ratings and brand names into account, so I don't think they'll be pushing for one SEC team. Now if there is an undefeated TCU, then yes, somebody is going to get screwed and it will probably be a second SEC team rather than a 1 loss PAC 12 champion or Big 10 Champion.

Reactions: Lettuce

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I think yall are underestimating the power of impressions from a new market.

The decision will be financial, not on the field performance.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
If USC wins out I think they are in. That being said I don't think they win out. As has been pointed out they have had some scares.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The same. And if we’re comparing Utah to UGA it ain’t close.
Yeah, but those are the losses (a 1 point loss vs #10 against a 14 point loss vs #1). If USC wins out, which is the scenario we're talking about, their wins resume will be a lot more comparable to Tennessee's than it is now, plus they will have an extra win in the Conference championship.

That means they will either 'avenge' the Utah loss (and Utah will likely be sitting around #7-#8 at the time) or they beat Oregon, who would likely be in the top 10 with a win over Utah. This would be after beating two ranked teams (UCLA and Notre Dame) along the way.

Tennessee doesn't have any resume builders between now and selection day. They have to rely solely on running up the score on South Carolina and Vanderbilt, then they're going to be sitting at home for two weeks while USC wins a primetime conference championship on Fox.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login