Let me be very clear...

ShelBitty

Oct 11, 2022
I don't know anything about the kicking game in football... But we always immediately blame the kicker. And based solely on the kicker and holders reaction from Ohio State when they blew that one it seemed like it was on the holder. I first thought it was blocked but then it looked like it wasn't touched ounce it left his foot. Also kirk immediately threw the kicker under the bus. Looked like more to that one than just he tried to kick it to hard which was the broadcast take on it. Perhaps someone could shed some light. Just my observation

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I don't know anything about the kicking game in football... But we always immediately blame the kicker. And based solely on the kicker and holders reaction from Ohio State when they blew that one it seemed like it was on the holder. I first thought it was blocked but then it looked like it wasn't touched ounce it left his foot. Also kirk immediately threw the kicker under the bus. Looked like more to that one than just he tried to kick it to hard which was the broadcast take on it. Perhaps someone could shed some light. Just my observation
I noticed the kicker walk over to the holder who was laying over on the ground and pick him up, not like he was injured but just devastated. Read into it whatever.....

Reactions: onewoof

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I don't know much either but it's not all on the kicker. It's 3 people involved. If it isn't held in the right position, right angle etc the kicker can hit it perfect but it goes wrong. Kinda like golf. A lot of variables that all have to be precise.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I wasn’t paying attention to it, but to miss it that damn bad, the holder had to be holding it sideways like a watermelon for it to be on him.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
One of the replays was from behind at field level. Looked like a perfect hold with laces out, but the holder was clearly upset. Maybe it was leaning forward?

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I think he just tried to over kick it. If you noticed he barely made it over the crossbar when Pat McAfee made his one hander. That was his career long at 48 yards. The game winner was from 50 and as Tincup said to David Simms when hitting the 7i for distance, I think he gave it the old steroid jerk.

48 Yarder barely makes it

Also, before the game there was mention of a young kicker being used for long field goals because Ruggles doesn't have much distance.

Screenshot_20230101-084550_copy_810x1117.png

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Another blocked kick
And everyone blames me
But it was the left guard
Who didn’t pick up his mannnnnn
It’s the life I live
Lonesooooooome kicker

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login