Let Russ Cook

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
He might be washed up. He hasn’t really looked great in quite some time. There are weapons on that Denver offense too.

Seahawks might deserve some credit here.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
He might be washed up. He hasn’t really looked great in quite some time. There are weapons on that Denver offense too.

I’m so glad I couldn’t watch some crazy Va Tech game or some MACtion so NFL can have their spotlight on Amazon Prime for that piece of shat game******
F-U-C-K nfl Thursdays.

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022

He’s definitely on the decline, he wasn’t good the last few years in Seattle. Denver will regret giving him an extension

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
I dont' follow the NFL so I am missing the significance here. What is the ice cube sandwich for?
When in doubt, the google machine can be your friend. So sometimes on the interwebs people will use irrelevant pics as a form of satire. In this instance, the Broncos are “letting Russ cook” and the best he can come up with is an ice cube sandwich. The ice cube sandwich signifies 21-39, 274 yards, 0 TD, 2 int, 4 sacks. And the the funniest part is that Russ is the 2nd highest paid QB in the NFL behind Rodgers and the Broncos extended him for 5 years $245MM.
EE051632-46A7-4242-A54B-5F9574FA6E31.jpeg

Reactions: johnson86-1

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
it’s a combination of Wilson being cooked and Nathaniel Hackett apparently being a terrible coaching hire.

It must be miserable to be a Broncos fan right now. They are 2-3 and their two wins were by scores of 16-9 and 11-10. They literally have the worst red zone offense I have ever seen. And plenty of talent for that to not be the case.

Reactions: Moondawgg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I’m so glad I couldn’t watch some crazy Va Tech game or some MACtion so NFL can have their spotlight on Amazon Prime for that piece of shat game******
F-U-C-K nfl Thursdays.
Don't look forward to next week then because its worse, Bears vs Commanders

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
it’s a combination of Wilson being cooked and Nathaniel Hackett apparently being a terrible coaching hire.

It must be miserable to be a Broncos fan right now. They are 2-3 and their two wins were by scores of 16-9 and 11-10. They literally have the worst red zone offense I have ever seen. And plenty of talent for that to not be the case.

I was at the game last night and it's a combo of very poor coaching and Russ's play. Hackett is in over his head as a HC and playcaller.

Reactions: JoeLee'sSocks

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I was at the game last night and it's a combo of very poor coaching and Russ's play. Hackett is in over his head as a HC and playcaller.

Hackett is awful. His decision in Week 1 to attempt a 64 yard FG, on the road in probably the most hostile NFL stadium, instead of trying to convert a 4th and 5 with over 30 seconds left could have been the worst head coaching decision in NFL history. No hyperbole.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Well the good news is you can dump Russ in 2026 for "only" a $31 million dollar cap hit.

Screenshot_20221007-103349~2_copy_1140x467.png

Russell Wilson may single handedly have changed the free agent market for QB's going forward. Particularly for Dak who's going to be roughly the same age as Wilson is today when he becomes a free agent in 2025. Nobody is going to want to take this kind of risk again if Wilson doesn't pull it together quickly. Not everyone is Brady or Rodgers and can play at a high level for 20 years.

Unless this is the most magnificent slump in history, the Broncos need a QB in the draft the worst way.

Reactions: Moondawgg

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Hackett is awful. His decision in Week 1 to attempt a 64 yard FG, on the road in probably the most hostile NFL stadium, instead of trying to convert a 4th and 5 with over 30 seconds left could have been the worst head coaching decision in NFL history. No hyperbole.
Though in Hackett's defense, that decision does look better after seeing what Wilson looked like last night. I'd rather take my chances on a 70 yard field goal than to have Wilson try to convert 4th and 5 right now.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Russ has a hurt right shoulder and got what looked like a concussion last night, but he came back in. He was really off.
Should have put in Ripken.
The new ownership isn't going to accept this horrible coaching and playing, they will make a change.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Though in Hackett's defense, that decision does look better after seeing what Wilson looked like last night. I'd rather take my chances on a 70 yard field goal than to have Wilson try to convert 4th and 5 right now.

Last night was not Week 1. He had already thrown for 340 yards against the Seahawks that night. They have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL and are also a bottom 3 overall defense. Just a terrible decision.

Everything I can tell about Hackett is that he’s the next Adam Gase. Dude who got to coach an all time top 5 QB for several years who made him look like a genius as a playcaller. Russ is plenty serviceable as a QB even now, but even 26 year old Russ was garbage compared to what 39 year old Aaron Rodgers is right now.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Russell Wilson may single handedly have changed the free agent market for QB's going forward. Particularly for Dak who's going to be roughly the same age as Wilson is today when he becomes a free agent in 2025

Actually, Dak will still be about 2 years younger in 2025 than Wilson is now. Russell turns 34 next month, Dak will be 32 in July 2025. People assume Wilson is younger than he because he still doesn’t have a ton of years in the league, but he had that minor league baseball stint followed by that return to college at Wisconsin that made him a very old rookie when finally got to the league.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login