Like rats

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Leaving a sinking ship, I wonder how many players we will lose to the portal after the end of the season. I know some of yall will say I hope all of them, but you know we have a good core that needs a lot of help. But you can't blame the best for going to greener pastures. Esp if they don't see some type of improvement coming next year. This could be a long process to get right again

Reactions: Msuirondawgs
Oct 20, 2022
The ship is sunk. The players that need to go should be easy to determine. It looks like a complete rebuild is what is needed.

Kind of like when Coach JM was shown the door after his second season.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
I do think the ones we want to stay, stay put(There are a few and they all wont leave). There will be plenty that transfer out, which is to be expected. Just concerned about:
1) Keeping the recruits that we have signed now and being able to go after the portal guys that can help, with
1a) no pitching coach on board
1b) guys wondering whats Lems fate may be
1c) the tainted program overall perhaps in some recruits eyes.

This might be bigger than a bread basket coming this summer. FML.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Coach has proven to be a lemon. He has no idea how to fix the issues he has created. Giving him another year will solve nothing. There is no miracle man pitching coach out there. Also, we don't have unlimited NIL money to restock the whole team.

Well coached teams get better as the season goes along. The last 2 years our teams have gotten worse. Time to pull the plug.

Reactions: josebrown

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If we don't see a coaching change we are only going to get players that couldn't make it elsewhere and end up again right where we are now......With a coaching change we have a fighting chance for some decent imports

Reactions: patdog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
There are a lot of guys on this team who could be really good. They just need better coaching.

Reactions: AstroDog

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
What players would you actually want to keep?
I’d be willing to keep most all of them if we can get a coach that can improve them like a great coach can. The Three Stooges show we all witnessed Saturday proves our coach isn’t that guy.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Yeah. No matter who the coach is, this is not going to be a quick rebuild.
A few players in the transfer portal, and an offseason of good development of our young players and we will have a quick rebuild. That's with a competent head coach, of course.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
No buckets, no golf carts, no lazy coaching..........FUNDAMENTALS...FUNDAMENTALS.....FUNDAMENTALS!!!!!!

1683633943185.png

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
The only thing I am really concerned about is the new hire wanting to finish the season with his current team. That could be precious weeks woth of critical time that he could be evaluating, recruiting, and building relationships with players. With the transfer portal, you can't afford to sit and wait. Those weeks could add years to the rebuild.

Us somehow sneaking into the SEC tournament would not help us in any way, either. We need to end this ASAP and reboot.

patdog

May 28, 2007
A few players in the transfer portal, and an offseason of good development of our young players and we will have a quick rebuild. That's with a competent head coach, of course.
We need at least a 50% roster turnover, probably more. That's not going to happen in 1 year.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
We need at least a 50% roster turnover, probably more. That's not going to happen in 1 year.
Agree. I can think of several that need to go and obviously quite a bit via portal that we need to scoop up.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
There are a lot of guys on this team who could be really good. They just need better coaching.
Agree. We have a number of very talented players who aren't playing to their potential because we are a poorly coached team. With better coaching along with the portal we could be competitive again next year (middle of the SEC pack) and be back toward the upper end in 2 to 3 years. The way teams turn over and players move around these days there is no reason for an elite program in any college sport to take 5 years to rebuild. Its a different world today than it was when everything had to be built through recruiting HS guys.

Reactions: GloryDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login