Listening to Jim Ellis is like....

croomandwhite

Aug 30, 2006
Bringing a girl home, getting her in bed, and then her telling you "She's not like that"

Twice this inning he's pulled out the "High fly ball deep deep, back back, hauled in by the outfielder."

MissStFan87

Feb 15, 2007
I turned on M2M just to watch for a few seconds, that's when Nappi hit it. The LF'er reached over the wall and missed the ball by about 2 feet at most.

Feb 23, 2008
The good thing about Jim is he finds something to talk about even during the most boring of games. He may get bored every now and then and start naming all the ball parks in the SEC that have a railroad track beside it but it just doesn't get any better than a Jim Ellis home run call in a big game or the call of a 3-2 strikeout when the game's on the line. The word INTENSE comes to mind.

MaroonDawg1985

Feb 26, 2008
jim is very good but he has had me thinking home run before on an infield pop fly. the phrase "there's a high, fly ball" in an excited tone means absolutely nothing

T

Trainwreckdog

he's a great announcer and deserves Jack's spot whenever Jack decides to...well...I don't even want to say it.

thrill1

Nov 19, 2006
it was howling out there today. Nothing was routine. Jim wasn't teasing you - he's about the best you'll ever hear doing college baseball.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
Jim will never be like Jack. The beauty of Jack is that he is a Bulldog, you know he's for the Bulldogs, and he does it in a way that isn't homerish. And most importantly he isn't afraid to say anything, and it's always dead on.

I mean, the Sonic Drive of the game was the highlight of the 2003 season for MSU football.

But, he also compliments teams, but does it in a way that is respectful, but at the same time he doesn't kiss ***. I think Jim does that sometimes too much with his baseball broadcasts. And he is also not afraid to get onto the officials, but he doesn't do it ad nauseum either.

Agentdog

Aug 16, 2006
Jim is a very good announcer of the game. However, like you said, he is too complementary of the opponent. It gets old hearing "you got to like the way....." again, again.

No we don't Jim. We don't "like the way..." some opponent is performing some aspect of the game well if it is getting us (State) beat.

Baseballdawg10

Feb 26, 2008
hahaha Croomandwhite thats classic. I get pissed all the time about Jim acting like every ball is gone to actually hear him say, "The outfielder reaches up and makes the grab on the warning track"

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
My favorite Jim moment (besides of course the Masters grand slam which is everyones favorite who had a radio and was an MSU fan at the time) was a couple of years ago at Ole Miss. We were losing, and Jim spilled his Doctor Pepper all over himself. He went on about it for ten minutes about how stupid he was for doing it. Bad game, he was frustrated, and it was classic Jim.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login