Little sawdust in my eye after watching the Chevy Christmas commercial

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Kudos to Chevy marketing department. If they produced more ads like this maybe people wouldn't be so quick to hit the fast forward button.

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
Loved it, but could have been one for the ages if they let grandma drive with a hint of like a rock in the background…

edited to say 2 of my 4 grandparents ended up like this. Hit me hard too!

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Lost an uncle to it last year. Watching somebody go down from that and cancer two of the most gut wrenching things you can do.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I am lucky not to have this in the family’s history. My wife does with her grandmother having it losing her life to and having really bad experience.
She just crossed 60. So it’s out there. We both know it but we just don’t talk too much about it and hope it stays out there.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
very refreshing in an endless spew of woke BS - maybe the pendulum will swing back wide
Obama Reaction GIF

Reactions: msstatelp1

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
Got me in the feels... That's strong stuff for a ******* commercial.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
My mom, 82 now has it. Still remembers most close friends and relatives and the old stuff but forgets some conversations 10 minutes after we have them. Physically she's great for 82, but late in the afternoons mentally she isn't good though. Covid and isolation was really bad on her and others like her too. This commercial, man, hits hard....

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Mom and Dad have Dementia. Took mom to Drs appointment yesterday. She told me how to get to drs office (I had never been there) but didn’t know day or month or year. She called me dads name.

Dad is almost as bad. He leaves stove/oven on on a regular basis. Can’t focus on anything he’s doing. Yesterday morning he spilled coffee, got up to get paper towel, came back with new cup of coffee and asked what’s wet all over floor.

I live 3 hrs away and am the only child. Want to be closer, but interest rates makes that not feasible at the moment. They can’t keep staying by themselves that’s for sure. Looking at assisted living facilities, but damn they are incredibly expensive. Lots of tough decisions to make in my near future.

Reactions: msstatelp1
Nov 20, 2023
Hits close to home if you’ve had family members with that disease. 🟣

It’s a touching commercial as my Grandfather went through that before he passed from aggressive Melanoma of the brain after having surgery 2 times to remove it then it came back and he had to fight it with radiation and chemotherapy he developed amnesia/dementia (sorry don’t know exactly which word to use in his case) towards the end and it was so hard to see the strongest man I’ve ever known go down like that and through that . My Grandparents raised me from age 9 and a half up. And were a huge huge part of my childhood before my sister and father died and they got custody of me too.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023
Can someone tell me how to delete a post as I meant for that to be a General reply to the thread, not necessary to the poster. I just need to know how anyways if there’s a way?

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Boy that was a good commercial. At 5.5 minutes that cost GM a nice chunk of change.

Luckily I never had to experience that with an immediate family member. I have an older buddy who is going through this with his wife. I feel for him.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Man...hits hard. I'm in the middle of restoring my dad's old truck right now. People constantly telling me to sell it but they just don't understand.

Reactions: DawgsNCowboys87

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
If I ever get like that I hope somebody drives me around, to a cliff and throws me off of it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login