LIV continues to find the right price for additional guys as C. Smith goes

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Sports leagues and teams across the country proudly sport the Nike swoosh, despite human rights atrocities committed in China. No one cares. Why should a Saudi golf league draw my ire?

patdog

May 28, 2007
It should. But it won't. Because, like you said, nobody gives a **** about the human rights atrocities in China and nobody gave a **** about the ones in Russia until they invaded Ukraine. Money will win out and the PGA is not going to outspend the Arabs.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
It’s the worst country in the world. Don’t forget - they knocked down the Twin Towers & attacked the Pentagon. Americans tend to blur Middle Eastern countries together as extremist, but SA stands well above the others. Our ‘War on Terror’ is (was?) a war against Saudi Arabia; it was just fought outside their borders. The next time a couple crazy Muslims shoot up a shopping mall - they will likely have direct ties back to the Kingdom either through visits / training or fundings.

They are a missionary state that wants to harm Americans. They’re worse than China, IMO. I would not buy anything associated with that tour if at all possible.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
How many Saudis were involved in 9/11? How many Saudis does it take to cut up a Washington Post journalist? You watch LIV Golf if you want. I’ll stick with the PGA.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Keep an eye on sponsors that stick with LIV, but throw rocks at Americans with differing opinions.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
Just goes to show you, if you kill your own people, people really do not care. But if you kill other people, then everyone suddenly cares. Like Hitler and Stalin. Stalin killed like 20 million people, but Hitler is seen as the worst between the two of them. Saudi financed and helped to organize 9-11. That is a big flippin deal to some. China basically does that and much worse to their own people.

If sports has an issue with LIV, then Nike needs to move their manufacturing to the US.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
Nobody goes against China because it’s not just Nike. They make most everything we use that’s isn’t food and that’s why they don’t get the heat they should.

About all a politician would have say these days to get my vote is to put focus on the deficit and reduce our dependence on China for manufactured goods.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
LeBron supports this message

Nah, that *** hole would gladly point fingers at the Saudis and call them monsters while sucking Xi's dick. When the Saudi's start backing up a dump truck of money to his house, then he'll start defending them.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
I mean good for those guys getting there money I guess. I’m a casual golf fan probably more than most but don’t watch every shot. I’m not big on exhibition games and that is all LIV is. So I’ll probably never watch also have no interest in whatever “tech” golf Rory and Tiger are coming out with.
I want to watch golf like Sunday at the tour championship. That 54 hole shotgun start crap doesn’t interest me at all.

AlSwearengen

Aug 22, 2012
Yeah. The pga tour pissed me off over the last few years with some of the stuff they have pulled, as well as some of their rhetoric. And why do they, along with the golf channel and others get a pass for being aligned with china?

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Unfortunately lots of what everyone buys comes from China. I try to avoid China products when possible.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Arguing over which country's government is worse- China or Saudi Arabia...
View attachment 24994

The reason why because a lot of people don't like the LIV because it's Saudi Arabia and they justify it by saying how bad the Saudies are but then ok with PGA, NBA and many other sport organization that is associated with China. China today has child slave labor. China today has concentration camps for Muslim and gays. NIKE and Apple both have factories in China and those factories uses force child labor. I don't like China or Saudi Arabia. They are both horrible but China is way worse than Saudi Arabia. Just don't be ok with China and not ok with Saudi Arabia. Be consistent.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yeah, I am tuned in on what each country's governments have done and continue to do.

tmjdog

Mar 3, 2008
Never liked the power or intimidation of monopolies or unions, and the PGA is acting like both when it comes to the competition of LIV. And when it comes to wearing long pants when it’s 95 degrees with 75% humidity, I hope LIV will apply some common sense that the PGA has refused to. Competition is good. JMHO. Hail State.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login