live projection for Dallas Wild Card opponent

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
  • Green Bay leads Minnesota.
  • I think LA will beat SF (sitting players with 1-seed wrapped up).
  • I think Dallas will beat the Washington Football Team.
My current projection is Green Bay travels to Dallas.

What's y'all's best guess? NFL Playoff Machine

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
La travels to Dal
That would be a tough game. Since their bye week after losing to Pittsburgh, Dallas, and Green Bay in consecutive weeks, LA is 6-1 with their only loss being at Baltimore.

I also don't like rematches for the team that won the first contest.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Could technically still be the Seahawks or Saints opening in Dallas too depending on what happens next week.

If you’re Dallas, I think you’d most like to play the Packers or Saints.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Could technically still be the Seahawks or Saints opening in Dallas too depending on what happens next week.

Saints aren’t making the playoffs unless Tampa loses to Carolina and the Saints win. I don’t see Tampa losing to a horrifically bad Carolina team.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
Saints aren’t making the playoffs unless Tampa loses to Carolina and the Saints win. I don’t see Tampa losing to a horrifically bad Carolina team.
Plus the only way the Saints make the playoffs is as a division champ, and would host a first round game.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

If you’re Dallas, you’d most like to play in the building where you haven’t lost in 2 years until the Super Bowl…if possible. Anything else is far less important.

They have to capitalize on this Philly collapse. Still a tough path no matter what, as there will be likely 5 other teams led by QB’s who have been to the conference CG (Mayfield, Goff, Purdy, Stafford, Hurts), with 3 of those 5 having Super Bowl experience too. But beggars can’t be choosers.

Beat Washington. And in January in that part of the country, they’re probably going to have to get the running game going to do it. That’s been their Achilles heel.

Reactions: patdog

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

They are technically alive for the Wild Card too if Tampa wins, but would need Seattle and Green Bay to both lose.

Reactions: oxdawg

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Still a tough path no matter what, as there will be likely 5 other teams led by QB’s who have been to the conference CG (Mayfield, Goff, Purdy, Stafford, Hurts), with 3 of those 5 having Super Bowl experience too.
When did Mayfield play in a Conference Championship Game?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
When did Mayfield play in a Conference Championship Game?
Ah damn….I stand corrected. For some reason I thought in 2020 they made it to the AFCCG, but that loss to KC was in fact in the Divisional round.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login