Liverpool fans

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Klopp has announced he is leaving at the end of the season. That was horrible news to wake up to this morning. He will
Take at least a year off.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Not a good way to start the day. Got a good core group of players in so I figured he’d want to stay a few more years to see this group develop. Should be able to attract a good manager to replace him. The key will be identifying who that is. I hear Jose Marinho is available. **

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Hopefully the core group stays together because I really like where we are right now. We have some actual depth for the first time since I've been a Liverpool fan, and that started in the mid 90s. Klopp did say he will never manage any club but Liverpool in England. I'm just glad he stayed through the retool. He nearly left a couple of years ago.

Col. Forbin

Oct 2, 2012
Not ideal and I am sure FSG will screw this hire up. IMO, they need to go get Xavi.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Why would Xavi leave Barca?
Have you seen their finances? That’s a house of cards that’s going to collapse soon. And bad. They’ve sold most of their revenues for the next 20 years for about 10 cents on the dollar.

he may have meant Xabi Alonso, who played at Liverpool & currently has Beyer Leverkusen 4 points in 1st place in the Bundesliga who is being mentioned. I think de Zerbi at Brighton may be a candidate & maybe Emery at Villa.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Have you seen their finances? That’s a house of cards that’s going to collapse soon. And bad. They’ve sold most of their revenues for the next 20 years for about 10 cents on the dollar.

he may have meant Xabi Alonso, who played at Liverpool & currently has Beyer Leverkusen 4 points in 1st place in the Bundesliga who is being mentioned. I think de Zerbi at Brighton may be a candidate & maybe Emery at Villa.
Emery doesn’t work at big clubs. He’s perfect for Villa

Reactions: patdog

Col. Forbin

Oct 2, 2012

Yes, sorry meant Xabi. Fat fingered it(something we all can sympathize with here)

Alexi_Lalas

May 7, 2014
Xabi Alonso is the favorite as long as he is interested. Knowing Klopp told Liverpool that he was leaving back in November, this actually makes sense if you take into account that Carlo Ancelotti renewed his contract with Real Madrid in December. Xabi Alonso was considered the #1 replacement candidate if Ancelotti decided to take the Brazil job.

Klopp notifies Liverpool he is leaving at the end of the season and Liverpool reaches out to Xabi Alonso to gauge interest while simultaneously Real Madrid is also in contact with Xabi since Ancelotti was thought to be assuming the role of Brazil head coach. Xabi informs Real Madrid either he is not interested or needs more time to decide, and thus, Real Madrid make a decision to entice Ancelotti to stay at Real Madrid rather than take the Brazil job (which was made an easier decision given the chaos going on with the Brazil national team at the moment). This leads me to believe that Xabi is very interested in Liverpool especially given the young talent they have in the squad. He may see this as a great moment to take over Liverpool where Real Madrid will always be there and they will always have $.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Not ideal and I am sure FSG will screw this hire up. IMO, they need to go get Xavi.
FSG haven't screwed up much when it comes to Liverpool, and when they have, they have corrected it pretty dang fast. I'd say either Xabi Alonso or promote Lijnders.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Xabi Alonso left the door wide open this morning. I'd say there is a strong chance it's him.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I also wonder about Lijnders. He started being much more visible, especially in the League Cup, right around the time Klopp supposedly told the club he is leaving.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I also wonder about Lijnders. He started being much more visible, especially in the League Cup, right around the time Klopp supposedly told the club he is leaving.
What I saw from the club said Lijnders is leaving too. I’m thinking you may be right about Alonso. That was the classic “I’m happy where I am at the moment” non-denial.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
What I saw from the club said Lijnders is leaving too. I’m thinking you may be right about Alonso. That was the classic “I’m happy where I am at the moment” non-denial.
I missed that on Lijnders. I hate to hear that but obviously if he isn't getting the top job he is more than likely on the way out.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I missed that on Lijnders. I hate to hear that but obviously if he isn't getting the top job he is more than likely on the way out.
He’ll get a manager job somewhere. Just not ready for the Liverpool job now. We’re lucky he stayed on as long as he has.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
He’ll get a manager job somewhere. Just not ready for the Liverpool job now. We’re lucky he stayed on as long as he has.
He defiantly should get one. Since it's announced that he is moving on I think that probably means Liverpool probably have their man already and he doesn't want Lijnders (unless Lijnders just flat out didn't want it, or Liverpool flat out didn't want him).

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021

Of course Xavi announces he’s leaving

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Agree. I think this is just coincidence. That’s 2 very big jobs open though.
You can bet the Kop will try to get him to come back. There is going to be a protracted and heart tugging goodbye between him and the Kop. They basically got him to come back for two more years. Maybe it will work again. Hopefully if this is it, it will result in another Title.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login