Loaded Baked Potato

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
Great win tonight. But more importantly I’ve recently become fond of sour cream which has in turn renewed my interest in baked potatoes.
Where is the best loaded baked potato on earth?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Great win tonight. But more importantly I’ve recently become fond of sour cream which has in turn renewed my interest in baked potatoes.
Where is the best loaded baked potato on earth?
Ditch the sour cream and use plain full fat greek yogurt. Throw in a little extra virgin olive oil to reduce the amount of butter you use. Eat the skin first because that's where the most vitamins and nutirents are. The best ones are when I bake them at my house and they are the healthiest.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
McAlisters deli used to have a great twice baked potato. Haven’t had one in awhile. Spud Max I think it was called.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Ditch the sour cream and use plain full fat greek yogurt. Throw in a little extra virgin olive oil to reduce the amount of butter you use. Eat the skin first because that's where the most vitamins and nutirents are. The best ones are when I bake them at my house and they are the healthiest.
I will have to try the yogurt because we have baked potatoes at least one time during the week. My wife works 2 to 10 and some nights we don't want a big meal that late at night. I love to make one when I have some leftover chili and can dress it up with chili, cheese, and green onions.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Pro Tip- wrap your taters up tight in foil and slow-boil until soft in lightly-salted water instead of bake. Moist, tender, and will keep in fridge for days. You can re-heat in microwave and it's still good.

I'm partial to Idaho Golds; eat skin and all for the vitamins

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Malcom Reed makes one this way. He rubs bacon grease on the outside of the potato and then puts his rub on it and smokes them. Interesting.

I was coming to mention this. There’s only two ways to do a potato.
Regular twice baked with kosher salt on the outside, rubbed with bacon grease, scoop insides out and combine with ranch, bacon, cheese, butter, s&p. Then top with cheese and bake again. The other way is how Malcolm does it

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
There is something different about baking a potato on a charcoal grill, they’re just better. My wife wants her baked potato off the grill rather than from the oven. I coat mine in Olive oil, coarse salt and course ground black pepper,, wrap in foil, and put on the grill. Once they soften I unwrap them and put them back on the grill for the last 15 minutes or so to get a little smoke and crisp up the skins. Fantastic eating.

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
I don’t recall him asking for healthy options here ya health freaks. Slop that bad boy with a pound of butter. Some sour cream or ranch. Bacon. Enough cheese to make Speedy Gonzales pass out, salt and pepper. Hell instead of yogurt, pile a heap of lard right on top. Potatoes aren’t healthy food. Eat them how you enjoy them. Fattening and carb the 17 out!

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I was coming to mention this. There’s only two ways to do a potato.
Regular twice baked with kosher salt on the outside, rubbed with bacon grease, scoop insides out and combine with ranch, bacon, cheese, butter, s&p. Then top with cheese and bake again. The other way is how Malcolm does it
Sounds good but I'd be wary of Ranch Dressing if that's what you are referring to.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
All you 17ers shut your poboy holes. You don't know jack about a baked potato. You don't get to say anything north of Hattiesburg is a shrimp sandwich when we're talking about shrimp poyboys then start handing out advice on baked potatoes... You wouldn't know a fresh potato if you got knocked up by Mr Potato Head himself and had a midwife help you deliver it 3 months later.

Now for how to cook a real baked potato. We have to cook one every year to perfection or leave the state. We have a 17ing potato drop at midnight in new years. The 17ing potato commission runs this state with the same influence the Mormon church runs Utah.

1. Wash and dry your Russet Burbank (the best potato for baking. Idaho/Yukon red's, purple's and gold's are for other things.)

2. Lightly coat your potato with olive oil and kosher or sea salt. Then poke a couple of holes in the top 3/4 of the way to the bottom to keep it from exploding... Poking the bottom will allow all the delicious potato juice to leak out.

3. Bake for 1 hour +/- at 400° or until you reach an internal temp of 205-210°. Much like a brisket, wrapping in foil causes it to steam and soften your delicious crispy skin. Might as well boil it. Note: you can reset for up to one hour wrapped in foil in a warming drawer if you must while waiting to serve.

4. Let the potato rest for 5 minutes on the counter... If you need longer throw it in a warming drawer. After 5 minutes cut it open on the top lengths wise 70% of it's length, staying away from the ends. Then add a 1/2-3/4" horizontal cut at the end of your vertical slice to make a capital I shape sou you can butterfly the potato open without splitting it in two.

5. Using a fork fluff out the interior of the potato into the beautiful flaky starch infused goodness it is. Add 2 pats of Tillamook extra creamy unsalted butter and 1 oz of Tillamook farm cut sharp cheddar cheese. Give it 1-2 minutes to melt then add a couple of spoonfuls of Daisy Sour Cream (light is okay if you're watching the waste line.) After the sour cream, you top with freshly fried bacon bits and garnish with some green onions or chives.

6. Pair it with a well crusted medium rare ribeye or strip steak and your favorite beer or whiskey.

That's it. The Perfect Idaho Baked Potato. A ***-dambed American Icon. Don't listen to these other clowns... Greek yogurt and bacon grease? WTF. Put that Greek yogurt up your *** Sal and Malcolm Reed is one more tablespoon of bacon grease from the Chinese hooking up spy equipment to him and sending him into the stratosphere.

This is it... She's a 17ing beaut Clark.

Screenshot_20230205-080006_copy_723x700.png

ETA. Nothing but love for Malcolm Reed and make sure your Greek yogurt is Chobani, it's made here.

Last edited:

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
All you 17ers shut your poboy holes. You don't know jack about a baked potato. You don't get to say anything north of Hattiesburg is a shrimp sandwich when we're talking about shrimp poyboys then start handing out advice on baked potatoes... You wouldn't no a fresh potato if you got knocked up by Mr Potatohead himself and had a midwife help you deliver it 3 months later.

Now for how to cook a real baked potato. We have to cook one every year to perfection or leave the state. We have a 17ing potato drop at midnight in new years. The 17ing potato commission runs this state with the same influence the Mormon Church runs Utah.

1. Wash and dry your Russet Burbank (the best potato for baking. Idaho/Yukon red's, purple's and gold's are for other things.)

2. Lightly coat your potato with olive oil and kosher or sea salt. Then poke a couple of holes in the top 3/4 of the way to the bottom to keep it from exploding... Poking the bottom will allow all the delicious potato juice to leak out.

3. Bake for 1 hour +/- at 400° or until you reach an internal temp of 205-210°. Much like a brisket, wrapping in foil causes it to steam and soften your delicious crispy skin. Might as well boil it. Note: you can reset for up to one hour wrapped in foil in a warming drawer if you must while waiting to serve.

4. Let the potato rest for 5 minutes on the counter... If you need longer throw it in a warming drawer. After 5 minutes cut it open on the top lengths wise 70% of it's length, staying away from the ends. Then add a 1/2-3/4" horizontal cut at the end of your vertical slice to make a capital I shape sou you can butterfly the potato open without splitting it in two.

5. Using a fork fluff out the interior of the potato into the beautiful flaky starch infused goodness it is. Add 2 pats of Tillamook extra creamy unsalted butter and 1 oz of Tillamook farm cut sharp cheddar cheese. Give it 1-2 minutes to melt then add a couple of spoonfuls of Daisy Sour Cream (light is okay if you're watching the waste line.) After the sour cream, you top with freshly fried bacon bits and garnish with some green onions or chives.

6. Pair it with a well crusted medium rare ribeye or strip steak and your favorite beer or whiskey.

That's it. The Perfect Idaho Baked Potato. A ***-dambed American Icon. Don't listen to these other clowns... Greek yogurt and bacon grease? WTF. Put that Greek yogurt up your *** Sal and Malcolm Reed is one more tablespoon of bacon grease from the Chinese hooking up spy equipment to him and sending him into the stratosphere.

View attachment 307024

ETA. Nothing but love for Malcolm Reed and make sure your Greek yogurt is Chobani, it's made here.
LMAO. Poo Pops has spoken. Done.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
All you 17ers shut your poboy holes. You don't know jack about a baked potato. You don't get to say anything north of Hattiesburg is a shrimp sandwich when we're talking about shrimp poyboys then start handing out advice on baked potatoes... You wouldn't no a fresh potato if you got knocked up by Mr Potatohead himself and had a midwife help you deliver it 3 months later.

Now for how to cook a real baked potato. We have to cook one every year to perfection or leave the state. We have a 17ing potato drop at midnight in new years. The 17ing potato commission runs this state with the same influence the Mormon Church runs Utah.

View attachment 307024

Heart attack wrapped in a potato skin. Might as well call it the Last Supper.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Any of y'all ever take a class under Dr. Wallace Murphree? He used to eat them raw out of the bag.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Heart attack wrapped in a potato skin. Might as well call it the Last Supper.
Actually not too bad for you unless you're a middle age woman that watches carbs because you have sedentary lifestyle. If you can't make a homemade steak and a baked potato in your diet, you might as well already be dead.

Fyi. This is for a big 10oz potato with all the ingredients I listed. You can always substitute the Tillamook extra creamy for I can't believe it's not butter if you're extremely vaginal that day to cut the fat in half.
Screenshot_20230205-085528_copy_539x919.png

Screenshot_20230205-085205_copy_540x725.png

Compare to a order of McDonald's french fries

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Ok, but how many fat g's and calories after the ribeye and beer? And you know there's got to be some pecan pie or bread pudding for dessert!

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Ok, but how many fat g's and calories after the ribeye and beer? And you know there's got to be some pecan pie or bread pudding for dessert!
Well... Now I don't really want to talk about that.**

In a side note, these goobers actually have potato ice cream up here. It's pretty 17ing delicious too.

5e4d886bf0201413a14156b7.jpeg

It's actually a Sunday. They sprinkle cocoa powder on vanilla ice cream to make it look like a baked potato and top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and other Sunday toppings.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
What about afte
Well... Now I don't really want to talk about that.**

In a side note, these goobers actually have potato ice cream up here. It's pretty 17ing delicious too.

View attachment 307053

It's actually a Sunday. They sprinkle cocoa powder on vanilla ice cream to make it look like a baked potato and top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and other Sunday toppings.

I would definitely take a two week vacation in the CICU ward at St. Dominic Hospital for that.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
All you 17ers shut your poboy holes. You don't know jack about a baked potato. You don't get to say anything north of Hattiesburg is a shrimp sandwich when we're talking about shrimp poyboys then start handing out advice on baked potatoes... You wouldn't know a fresh potato if you got knocked up by Mr Potato Head himself and had a midwife help you deliver it 3 months later.

Now for how to cook a real baked potato. We have to cook one every year to perfection or leave the state. We have a 17ing potato drop at midnight in new years. The 17ing potato commission runs this state with the same influence the Mormon church runs Utah.

View attachment 307024

I do mine the same way-learned this from my wife. Take a fork and poke holes in it, then rub it with olive oil and use a liberal amount of sea salt (or kosher depending upon what’s in the pantry. I cook mine in a clear glass Pyrex baking dish at 400 degrees. Depending upon the size of the potato baking times can vary. I have never even considered making that second cut to form a “T” near the end, though. Thank you for the tip. When eating the potato I think my favorite part of it is that wonderful, slightly salty skin. Outstanding!

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Some of you guys remind me of that coach who was at Tennessee who didn't know what asparagus was. LOL

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login