LOCKED - NIL Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieWinfield

Feb 15, 2015
Good morning, I have had several people reach out to me, so I thought I would provide an update on where things stand with The Bulldog Initiative.

First, we have had a very good week, having received several large individual contributions and highly significant commitments from business participants. These join a number of key commitments we have already received over the past two months. Response to our video conference with Starkville-area businesses last week has also been quite positive, and we are currently working with several companies to help them use NIL opportunities to promote their businesses. Their participation might or might not run through us ultimately, but that does not matter to us - we will help anyone get involved whether they are working directly with athletes or through working with us.

Second, we are in what I hope are the final phases of testing on our web-based donor platform, which will allow individuals to set up an account where they can contribute monthly, quarterly, or yearly from as little as $5 per month. I expect this to be rolled out next week. If you would like to participate in the interim, you can contribute to The Bulldog Initiative, LLC, Post Office 1653, Starkville, MS 39760 or Venmo @TheBulldogInitiative. Otherwise, I will update here as soon as we go live. Right or wrong, we have been focusing on securing some larger contributions (good news - it is working), but it is time (some have said past time) to engage on the grass-roots level and to expand our outreach.

Third, we are continuing to enter agreements with student-athletes. There will be more announcements to come on that front later, but I have really enjoyed the interactions with them as we work to create some content and promote MSU and the area. Every single one of them has taken seriously the obligation to represent MSU athletics and the community in a positive light.

Lastly, I apologize for not having been able to respond to every question or comment. Quick summary of what I would have said if I did: I get frustrated (as evidenced by my podcast) by some of the mega-deals we hear about, but our contributors have already made a difference by their participation. It is like starting pitching in MLB - we always need more, but we are doing good things. There are some positive plans and details that I cannot yet share, but I can tell you unequivocally that the idea we are not in a position to make a difference or that our efforts are failing is categorically wrong. The curb appeal might need some work, but the foundation is solid.

Shoot me a DM if you want to talk - I have some projects I am trying to push over the goal line but I will make whatever time that is necessary for phone calls, Zooms, etc. at night or this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login