LOCKEDI am starting to think Bill Maher is the only sane person with a platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Hilarious clip that shows no mercy to either side. I like Bill Maher a lot, even though I disagree with him on some issues. Which I think, is kinda the point of his show.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
I try to watch his show every week and agree with him about 80% of the time.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Yep. He’s very much a neo-liberal.

I was a big fan of Politically Incorrect back in the day & also saw him at Thalia Mara a few years ago.

Great show.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
That’s an argument I can see in that he did a lot of early mainstream tv introducing of folks who became better known in the next few years & gave them entree into the talking head punditry realm— e.g., Joe Scarborough & Ann Coulter.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
DesotoCountyDawg said:
He’s basically a classic liberal which in todays age is almost right leaning sadly.
Almost? Bill Clinton from the 90s could run for president now and be labeled far-right.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
That’s an argument I can see in that he did a lot of early mainstream tv introducing of folks who became better known in the next few years & gave them entree into the talking head punditry realm— e.g., Joe Scarborough & Ann Coulter.

He was willing to tiptoe through the minefield until people he likes started getting dropped.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Lindsay Graham would absolutely volunteer for the anal probe.

Aug 22, 2012
Maher hates religion. That means for most of his career his ire has been aimed at the right. Then the left's religion started to bother him so he's headed back toward the center.

As to the clip. I believe the kids these days would say, comedically, it's pretty mid.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012

He's always been pretty good. Got kicked off ABC by Republicans for speaking truth. So the censorship/free speech stuff is important to him. Unfortunately, he often pushes this agenda with false equivalencies. here is no exception. AOC tweeting about the MartianX community is funny satire, but no sane person thinks she would actually do that. Alex Joens and MTG on the other hand, the examples given as equal to AOC, absolutely would say those things. These two things are not the same, and he does his argument a disservice by equating them.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
He’s basically a classic liberal which in todays age is almost right leaning sadly.

Well classical liberals always fit in on the right economically and left on social issues and it just depended on what they worried about the most. There's just nothing on the left for them now.

AROB44

Mar 20, 2008
Well classical liberals always fit in on the right economically and left on social issues and it just depended on what they worried about the most. There's just nothing on the left for them now.

Don't know if that's classical liberal or just a moderate, but it pretty well describes my leaning. Not too left on social issues....moderately left. But, I classify myself as an independent....not tied to any party.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
He's always been pretty good. Got kicked off ABC by Republicans for speaking truth. So the censorship/free speech stuff is important to him. Unfortunately, he often pushes this agenda with false equivalencies. here is no exception. AOC tweeting about the MartianX community is funny satire, but no sane person thinks she would actually do that. Alex Joens and MTG on the other hand, the examples given as equal to AOC, absolutely would say those things. These two things are not the same, and he does his argument a disservice by equating them.

So you're saying that MTG would say what Maher quipped in that video, but his comments about AOC were just satire?

Only a moron would think MTG would say something like that. I mean, you'd have to have an IQ under 50 to honestly believe that. But people leverage the low intelligence of the masses to spin ******** narratives for the masses. This is why the discourse in this country sucks, because there's too much intellectual dishonesty inserted. Both sides do it.

Anyone with integrity and a shed of intelligence would agree that statements about both were absurd parody. I think AOC is a complete and total moron on the left, and MTG is the mirror image of her on the right. But neither of them would say anything like Maher quipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login