LOL at the wokes trying to cancel Jason Aldean.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
He literally [created/sang/produced/sanctioned/facilitated/had other songwriters write/farted/etc.] the song to piss you off. What do you really think you can do??

ETA: For the detail police

Last edited:
Reactions: LocalBeachBum

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
No Way Beer GIF by Busch

I’d rather trade juvenile jabs with these LSU idiots than watch where this thread goes.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
He literally wrote the song to piss you off. What do you really think you can do??
HE didn't write the song.

Though Aldean recorded “Try That in a Small Town,” he's not a writer on the song. The track was penned by Neil Thrasher, Kurt Allison, Tully Kennedy and Kelley Lovelace

Speaking as someone that was working in a store in a small town that was robbed and the guy got away...

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
HE didn't write the song.

Though Aldean recorded “Try That in a Small Town,” he's not a writer on the song. The track was penned by Neil Thrasher, Kurt Allison, Tully Kennedy and Kelley Lovelace

Speaking as someone that was working in a store in a small town that was robbed and the guy got away...
You know what I meant.

Either way, it's nice seeing this extreme wokeness lose its effectiveness. Thanks Bud Light

Reactions: tbaydog and patdog

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
lol I didn't know what this was referring to. I did a quick Twitter search and this is the first thing that popped up:

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I like a few of his songs, but it was specifically the woke backlash that made me go and listen to this one and give him a Youtube hit. So good job purple hairs...
So you are telling us you only like things if other people don't? Sounds like woke lives rent free in your head, big dawg.

Reactions: Dawgg

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
You know what I meant.

Either way, it's nice seeing this extreme wokeness lose its effectiveness. Thanks Bud Light
LOL

I'll be glad when the right finds a new term.

"Woke" is almost as dumb as "defund the police"

And InBEv is still laughing all the way to the bank... While still supporting LGBTQ+ events, like they have for decades...

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Anon1678592419

Mar 11, 2023
I’m not sure as many people would have that many issues with the song without the imagery of the video. It could’ve been unintentional which seems like a stretch, but it’s kind of tacky to use a courthouse that was the site of a lynching and a race riot in the video when also showing protestors/rioters, whatever your word of choice for them is in said video paired with the lyrical content. The social/political climate in American right now is downright exhausting. The left is full of idiots and the right is full of idiots with very little middle ground in between.

Reactions: patdog and Seinfeld
Aug 22, 2012
I think this is perfect for the thread

Bo nailed it 7 years ago.

"I write songs for people who do
Jobs in the towns that I'd never move to"

Jason Aldean isn't even from a small town - he was born and raised in Macon, GA, which has a metro of 250k, and lives in Nashville

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The social/political climate in American right now is downright exhausting. The left is full of idiots and the right is full of idiots with very little middle ground in between.
Yep, with 99% of the fighting being spent on things that quite frankly won’t change a damn thing in the average American’s life. I love this country but we’ve got one of the worst political systems on the planet

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Is this similar to the woke right canceling books?
No such thing, terms can't coexist

Anything that shines a light on all that bullshizz that went down 3 years ago is a good thing

I'll bash on the right aplenty but the protests and police hate are something that should have been dealt with swiftly by the National Guard........and guess who was president at the time? I get it was a reelection year and folks were scared of COVID and all that, but Trump's handling of COVID and that summer is what doomed him in the election, mail fraud or not.

Soooooo......blame on both sides. But the looting and anti-police stuff was MUCH worse, just because the elite political right was scared to handle it, doesn't make it their fault

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Anybody ever notice how when there's a cultural backlash to anything, there's only one side who does the money spending in response?

Probably nothing to consider here.

Reactions: Dawgg

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’m s this the same guy who was (allegedly) too drunk to perform in Oxford a few weeks ago?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Anybody ever notice how when there's a cultural backlash to anything, there's only one side who does the money spending in response?

Probably nothing to consider here.
Sort of.

When the left cancels someone, they essentially get fired. That's got economic value too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login