Look out TSUN #1 now...

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Being #1 in the regular season, winning the SEC regular season championship and the SEC Tounament championship is really all that matters.

Just ask Arkansas, nothing like regular season pats on the back. It's the besttttttt (in my best Nacho Libre voice)

Feb 23, 2008
I haven't kept up with them much but they have a very experienced lineup.

Anyone know what's up with that? Were they just not drafted high enough last year? It's rare to see that many veteran players hang around. Elko will be 40 by the time he leaves.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
How the hell are we still ranked? That's the real question.

We're a blue blood in baseball. Just like the blue bloods in football, we will be ranked for a few weeks after we prove beyond a reasonable doubt we shouldn't be ranked.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
The D1Baseball guys also tend to fall in love with their preseason Top 6-8 & as a result struggle to drop them out of the Top 25 timely when those teams don’t perform as expected

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I’m not impressed with

Just ask Arkansas, nothing like regular season pats on the back. It's the besttttttt (in my best Nacho Libre voice)
Their fine collection of Russian Nesting Dolls. They clearly only believe in science.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Seriously... all cruelty and joking aside.... if those 17ers can't figure out how to win it all this year, they should all just sit at home next year pissing and pouring beer on themselves. It's now or never for the mighty rebel black land bear sharks.

klong-dog

Aug 22, 2012
Hey.... I'll give them their due, it's their time of the year, let them enjoy. They are consistent in Feb, March and April.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Well, one sure way to not win a Natty is to be told you're the best in March.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I anxiously await their magical SEC tournament run and super regional exit, after they lose their series with us.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Seriously... all cruelty and joking aside.... if those 17ers can't figure out how to win it all this year, they should all just sit at home next year pissing and pouring beer on themselves. It's now or never for the mighty rebel black land bear sharks.

I can already feel the weight of the moment as they try to win game 3 of the super regional. Anxiety meter will be off the chart trying to get that monkey off their back. Has been hard to watch the inevitable collapse that just keeps happening.

View attachment 24058

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Anyone know what's up with that? Were they just not drafted high enough last year? It's rare to see that many veteran players hang around. Elko will be 40 by the time he leaves.

Combination of talented younger guys who weren’t draft eligible last year (Gonzalez, McCants, Dunhurst) and older guys who are good college players but maybe not the best pro prospects (Elko, Graham, Bench, etc.)

I still think their pitching is so-so and probably a step down from last year even. I think if they have an early exit again that’s probably what does it.

Last edited:

rem101

Jan 22, 2008
Hasn't the draft been shortened a couple years too? That plus the extra covid year everyone got there are some older guys still hanging around.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
Hard to watch? It's become my 3rd favorite early summer pastime, behind only (1) watching State in Omaha; and (2) an annual Vegas trip. And really, Vegas better watch out because I'm getting a little bored with it, and the shitheads' collapse may slip into the second spot. It should be extra twisty this year after the extra helium pumped into their brains today.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Hasn't the draft been shortened a couple years too? That plus the extra covid year everyone got there are some older guys still hanging around.
Correct.

And we benefitted from it too, just not as much as they have. Overall we had better talent last year, and now they have age on their side.

They still won't win Omaha unless they get some amazing pitching performances, and the odds seem long against that. As good as our guys were, it's still amazing to me, almost Herculean, what Bednar, Sims and Co. did last June. I just don't see Gaddis and Diamond matching that output. That's the one thing that is constant for all national title-winning teams - ridiculous pitching in Omaha. I mean people think that you've got it made once you get there, not true at all. You're only halfway there after winning a Super.

It COULD happen, after all Coastal Carolina won it. But the odds are long against that.

I predicted all offseason that we'd have to sit here and endure the Ole Miss slobbering all year until Omaha, where they'd promptly bow out. They'll host a regional and super and win it, because they can hit at their park. But Omaha will get them. And you also never know when you'll match up against some random pitcher who deals the game of his life in a Super.

Last edited:

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Correct.

And we benefitted from it too, just not as much as they have. Overall we had better talent last year, and now they have age on their side.

They still won't win Omaha unless they get some amazing pitching performances, and the odds seem long against that. As good as our guys were, it's still amazing to me, almost Herculean, what Bednar, Sims and Co. did last June. I just don't see Gaddis and Diamond matching that output. That's the one thing that is constant for all national title-winning teams - ridiculous pitching in Omaha. I mean people think that you've got it made once you get there, not true at all. You're only halfway there after winning a Super.

It COULD happen, after all Coastal Carolina won it. But the odds are long against that.

I predicted all offseason that we'd have to sit here and endure the Ole Miss slobbering all year until Omaha, where they'd promptly bow out. They'll host a regional and super and win it, because they can hit at their park. But Omaha will get them. And you also never know when you'll match up against some random pitcher who deals the game of his life in a Super.

I’m a long way from assuming they make it to Omaha. Tennessee Tech was not that long ago, my friend, and that was a Top 5 OM team.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
I doubt they even know. I was reliably informed by many a Reb this summer that college baseball is basically a club sport.

Well, their claim to fame now is women's golf which most folks probably don't even know exists. Down several rungs from being a club sport.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I’m a long way from assuming they make it to Omaha. Tennessee Tech was not that long ago, my friend, and that was a Top 5 OM team.
True but that Tech team was old. OM was talented that year but had a lot of youth (I think that was the year Kessinger/Dillard and them were sophomores).

Then you think back to 2014. In a normal year Lafayette dismantles them, but that OM team was old too, and fought back to win the last 2 games of that Super.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015

You watch, this will be their year and it'll take the shine off of 2021. The Native spirits have been waiting a long time for this opportunity.

Last edited:

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
How in the hell are we still in top 25 with 7 losses?

At a guess - high starting ranking + NC winners last season + a lot of talented youth + we seem to be getting a little better each week.

Oklahoma State is ranked 11th with 6 losses, so we aren't even the most egregious example.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
True but that Tech team was old. OM was talented that year but had a lot of youth (I think that was the year Kessinger/Dillard and them were sophomores).

Then you think back to 2014. In a normal year Lafayette dismantles them, but that OM team was old too, and fought back to win the last 2 games of that Super.

I mean I’m not saying experience doesn’t matter but they have had quite a few “old” teams that didn’t do much in the postseason.

They’re more than capable of making it deep in Omaha with that roster, absolutely they are. But I’m at the point with that program where I kinda just assume they’re gonna screw it up in the postseason somehow and I’ll let it be a surprise if they don’t.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
I can already feel the weight of the moment as they try to win game 3 of the super regional. Anxiety meter will be off the chart trying to get that monkey off their back. Has been hard to watch the inevitable collapse that just keeps happening.

View attachment 24058

People outside of Ole Miss assume they wouldn't get rid of Bianco if they lose in a Super this year, but there is a serious contingent of the fanbase that are Omaha or bust this season. It's getting to the point where no amount of regular season success covers for the lack of trips to Omaha. The problem has never been the regular season, so another good regular season doesn't matter if your season doesn't end in Omaha.

They have a very favorable conference schedule: No Vanderbilt, Florida, or Georgia. And they get Tennessee at home. Imagine if they win the SEC, earn a top-8 national seed, and lose in a Super. Will they fire him? Strong case for both keeping him and firing him.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I think a lot of y'all are gonna be surprised where we're at by the time May gets here. I may be completely wrong but I think we will be in the top 15 by the end of the season and looking really good for a returning team for 2023

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Where did you make these predictions?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login