Looking Ahead to Basketball

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
What will a successful season look like to you the year? Last year we made the play in game, and Jans seems to have bumped the talent level up. What do you need to see this year for you to consider it a successful season?

Reactions: dorndawg

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
What will a successful season look like to you the year? Last year we made the play in game, and Jans seems to have bumped the talent level up. What do you need to see this year for you to consider it a successful season?
After baseball and football I’m a little gun shy, but we look to have stupid depth combined with adding a couple of shooters and another year in Jans’ system for most of the guys. I say sweet 16.
ETA: go in comfortably as a 3 or 4 seed.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I see us contending for the SEC and being in position to be a solid seed in the Dance.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Sweet 16.

Speaking of basketball, I'm pretty sure we played in the Barstool Invitational last year and I remember watching it on TV. Anybody recall who aired it and if this year's games will be televised?
Wasn't it streamed on their youtube channel?

Aug 22, 2012
Our goal every season should be to make the tournament. Basing a successful season on the Sweet 16 is idiotic. We have done that exactly 3 times in the program history.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Our goal every season should be to make the tournament. Basing a successful season on the Sweet 16 is idiotic. We have done that exactly 3 times in the program history.
So if we go to the tournament and exit the first weekend, you’re going to feel like that was successful? I know i will be pissed and disappointed if that happens, but I’ve been called worse than an idiot.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I think a comfortable tourney appearance where we aren't sweating the final few weeks of projections and selection Sunday would be the measurement for success. I don't want to say we have to make the Sweet 16 to call it successful but I'd like to see us at least win a game in the tourney.

Dawgs_4_life

Jun 12, 2014
Sweet 16. They have a real PG, a sniper from downtown, a bruiser, and a beast grabbing rebounds. Plus Jans is just a dog of a coach. They have everything to make a sweet 16 run.

Reactions: Darryl Steight
Aug 22, 2012
So if we go to the tournament and exit the first weekend, you’re going to feel like that was successful? I know i will be pissed and disappointed if that happens, but I’ve been called worse than an idiot.
Yes absolutely. We have made the tournament 12 times in 115 seasons. We have to have realistic expectations.

Reactions: mcfly.sixpack

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
This year's team is loaded with apparently an influx of 3 point shooters. Plus we have one of the best coaches in the country. My wool might be thick, but I think this is the year to make some noise. I think Tolu will have a great year. I don't think he'll be getting triple teamed as much as he has been the last couple of years.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
It was BarstoolTV and BFW tweeted out a code for MSU fans which I’m sure everyone who saw the code used of course to watch for free. I anticipate him doing the same this year but ya never know

After what we have had to watch for the last decade I’ll be happy to get into the tournament. Just get in and anything can happen. I feel like I Havnt seen us win a tournament game in so so long. I’d be ecstatic to see us win one. Still mad about that upset against Liberty a few years ago

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Make the tournament. Everything else is - for lack of a better saying - the gravy on top.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
My hope - SECT semis and sweet 16

expectation - students having to skip class for mid-week SEC games to get in line for a seat like I did back in the day

Reactions: Dawgs_4_life
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login