Looking at the Virginia regional stats...

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
There has never been a better example of one team hitting the ball and the other pitching the ball better. I did not realize how bad our batting statistics were, and I had no idea pitching stats were that good. I knew we struck out a lot, but wow.
Somehow these stats make me feel a little better about our chances. We've been facing better competition (SOS) so theoretically our pitchers were successful against better hitters and our hitters were seeing better pitching... if that counts for anything. To paraphrase Bart Gregory, "Am I wrong for thinking that?"

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I have watched this team play all year, I’m not ready to assume we beat St. John’s just yet. I mean it would be very on brand to find ourselves playing Penn in the loser’s bracket instead of prepping for a showdown with UVA.

Reactions: kired

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
They have an ace

lefty who gave up less than 3 earned runs in all but 2 of his 15 starts this year. He’ll be saved for us. So they don’t pitch well in general, but he does

also they have quality options in the pen, just have played musical chairs with their 2-3 starters all year minus Blanco

patdog

May 28, 2007
I have watched this team play all year, I’m not ready to assume we beat St. John’s just yet. I mean it would be very on brand to find ourselves playing Penn in the loser’s bracket instead of prepping for a showdown with UVA.
We should beat St. Johns. But they're just good enough to worry a little. Not too hard to see their pitching staff just shutting us down and them sneaking a couple of flukey runs in to win a 2-1 type game.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They have an ace

lefty who gave up less than 3 earned runs in all but 2 of his 15 starts this year. He’ll be saved for us. So they don’t pitch well in general, but he does

also they have quality options in the pen, just have played musical chairs with their 2-3 starters all year minus Blanco
It's really hard to trust our team's hitting, but our pitching might carry us through.

Aug 22, 2012
st. john's allowing only 5 runs per game while not striking out a lot of people and walking a lot of people is weird. They must have guys who pitch to contact. or their opponents have been just that bad.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
We're gonna win this, especially if our best two hitters work out of their slump. Even if they don't have have a great chance just with our pitching and Mullet/hugesack taking care of bid'niss.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
What was the era of that Virginia pitcher who almost no hit us in Omaha before we figured something out late.

Postseason can be a crapshoot. We've got quite a few guys pitching pretty well. I like our chances.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Looks like a good weekend for Hines and JOrdan to break the slump.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
We're gonna win this, especially if our best two hitters work out of their slump. Even if they don't have have a great chance just with our pitching and Mullet/hugesack taking care of bid'niss.
That’s a big if. Yes they could pull out of it but they also could stay down. It’s gonna be might tough to make it out of the regional without them. If they show up though, woof watch out.

Reactions: [email protected]

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
Think you read that wrong. They are the 12th toughest team to strike out in the country
I sure did. That's what I get for looking at statistics on six pack in the middle of a work day haha. Eyes crossed.

Last edited:

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
And many miles away something crawls to the surface of a dark Scottish loch…

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login