Looking for land or property in the HSV

Coastdawg0630

Feb 24, 2019
May be moving to HSV area in a couple of years for personal reasons; my company has locations there for potential transfer. Wanting to start looking at land/property to buy with intent to build on. I am looking for recommendations on a real estate agent who is trustworthy, low pressure (not in a hurry), and knowledgeable about the area and trends. Appreciate in advance any suggestions.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Good luck. Better start looking in Scottsboro, over the Tennessee line or other side of Decatur down to Hartselle.

You can find an acre lot, but going to be hard to find land in the general HSV/Madison vicinity with a reasonable commute.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Big into HS baseball? Hartselle is pretty good location. My oldest has played with a few boys from there. Currently ranked in top 15 in country with 7 or 8 SEC guys playing and a few juco - they are playing our high school in 6A state championship series today and tomorrow - should be a bloodbath

Athens is another good location

Miketice

Sep 2, 2013
May be moving to HSV area in a couple of years for personal reasons; my company has locations there for potential transfer. Wanting to start looking at land/property to buy with intent to build on. I am looking for recommendations on a real estate agent who is trustworthy, low pressure (not in a hurry), and knowledgeable about the area and trends. Appreciate in advance any suggestions.

I bought my last using an Amanda Howard agent. I would stick to Madison if it were me. Limestone county has annexed in a bit of Madison also. The Madison school district is great. Matt Curtis is very big in the area also. Kim Taylor is good also. More personable than the other two.

Last edited:

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Chances are if you’ve had sex with more than 3 people or had chickenpox, you already have HSV.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
You might have trouble getting a custom house built. A friend of mine had to just give up part way through a build because the builder could make more money on spec houses, so he just quit working on the custom. Almost 4,000 houses are built each year in Madison County, so there must be too much demand for housing to bother with customs. Plus, there's a big surge in apartment construction here and they require a lot of labor and materials (something like 4700 units last year). And there's a fair amount of commercial/business construction going on All that could change in your favor in your timeframe a couple years down the road.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login