Looks like GG is trending to the Heels

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
If recent reports and CBs are to be believed.

No huge shocker. In spite of what anyone says, it was always a longshot that he'd end up here. Would have been nice if Paris could have landed him, but it was way too late in the process. It was like trying to stop a freight train going full speed with 10 feet of track left.

We'll be ok.

Last edited:

Prestonite

Feb 1, 2022

No huge shocker. In spite of what anyone says, it was always a longshot that he'd end up here. Would have been nice if Paris could have landed him, but it was way too late in the process. It was like trying to stop a freight train going full speed with 10 feet of track left.

We'll be ok.
not so fast - not done yet ;)

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
not so fast - not done yet ;)

Well, yeah, it's never a done deal until it's a done deal. You're right on that. Given our history, though, I'm pessimistic about our chances of keeping a top in-state recruit away from Duke or UNC. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: KingWard

Prestonite

Feb 1, 2022
Well, yeah, it's never a done deal until it's a done deal. You're right on that. Given our history, though, I'm pessimistic about our chances of keeping a top in-state recruit away from Duke or UNC. Hope I'm wrong.
Let's hope Paris uses Dawn to his advantage the way Beamer has and some of the her recruiting mojo rubs off and we can keep him here to play for the home team.

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022

We'll be ok.
We’ll be okay? Are you sure? What have you heard? jk

• Haha
Reactions: 18IsTheMan
Jan 18, 2022
Well he committed to Frank on his OV so we had more of a shot than some naysayers want to admit.

But the key word there is had. Now that Frank is gone our shot is pretty much gone as well.

Sharris

Joined Mar 22, 2016
Jan 31, 2022
Well he committed to Frank on his OV so we had more of a shot than some naysayers want to admit.

But the key word there is had. Now that Frank is gone our shot is pretty much gone as well.
This is not true. I have knowledge of the family and they said this commitment never occurred and were frankly ticked off that it was implied by a former coach and some local media. This little exaggeration may cost us his commitment as much as any coaching change.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

Taco73

Feb 6, 2022
Actually glad to see that now. Martin would have made it look like he was coming here to save his job.

Reactions: York cock

Hobcawcreekcock

Joined Dec 10, 2000 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 22, 2022
This is not true. I have knowledge of the family and they said this commitment never occurred and were frankly ticked off that it was implied by a former coach and some local media. This little exaggeration may cost us his commitment as much as any coaching change.
Not USC’s fault whatsoever that this ‘rumor’ was out there. Had GG publicly committed and tied that to Martin staying at Carolina, not sure Martin would have been dismissed. I credit the young man and his family for not casting this scenario into the sea of Martin’s future here.

SC95

Joined Mar 31, 2008
Jan 31, 2022
If Jackson wants to play for South Carolina, it seems foolish to go someplace because a former coach and local media said something he didn't like. If wants to play Paris and SC, commit. If not, choose a different school.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login