Looks like Howland's career at MSU isn't over after all.

patdog

May 28, 2007
He says we will accept an NIT bid if offered and he will discuss the future going forward with Cohen after the season. Reading between the lines, the posters who said he was retiring at the end of this season last fall were probably right. I hope he wins it and goes out on a high note.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
If he is leaving, I hope we accept the NIT bid to give him hopefully a chance to win a few more. He hasn't been great for us, but he certainly made us respectable again, and I'll always be thankful for that

patdog

May 28, 2007
On this we agree. He’s a good man & he brought our program back from the grave. He deserved to go out on a good note & enjoy his retirement.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
On this we agree. He’s a good man & he brought our program back from the grave. He deserved to go out on a good note & enjoy his retirement.

I agree with this, Pat.

That said, if we DO happen to retain him, is there a number that you can assign to the level of apathy that this fan base will reach?

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think if he stays another year, it'll just be more of the same. Mediocre, boring, inconsistent team and mostly apathetic fanbase. Not terrible, but very frustrating.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login