Looks like ole Brett ..........

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
On its face, this looks like a ******** pressure move. And at the end of the day, unless Favre entered into some legally binding obligation with the foundation to fund the volley ball center, it's going to be the foundation and USM that received the misspent funds. Not sure what theory would be used to get restitution from Favre instead of them.

Reactions: grimedawg1

patdog

May 28, 2007
On its face, this looks like a ******** pressure move. And at the end of the day, unless Favre entered into some legally binding obligation with the foundation to fund the volley ball center, it's going to be the foundation and USM that received the misspent funds. Not sure what theory would be used to get restitution from Favre instead of them.
Probably the theory that Favre brokered the deal.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
If it had been you and me we would already be in jail.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'm still tryin' to figger out how Brett's avoiding criminal prosecution so I'm obviously missing something here. I thought he was in deep schit when I first heard and read about this stuff and was convinced he was facing jail time. Always liked the dude and admired his toughness on the field but this schit stunk to high heaven IMO. Would like to know just exactly how this unfolded.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
I'm still tryin' to figger out how Brett's avoiding criminal prosecution so I'm obviously missing something here. I thought he was in deep schit when I first heard and read about this stuff and was convinced he was facing jail time. Always liked the dude and admired his toughness on the field but this schit stunk to high heaven IMO. Would like to know just exactly how this unfolded.
What's incredible is the sheer number of people listed in the MDHS lawsuit. There's a lot of either immoral or extremely gullible people out there. More than I realized.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
If it had been you and me we would already be in jail.
Friday GIF

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
What's incredible is the sheer number of people listed in the MDHS lawsuit. There's a lot of either immoral or extremely gullible people out there. More than I realized.
Shad is also keen on naming people in civil suits regardless of their level of involvement. He or his people are pretty reckless about dragging peoples name through the mud.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Probably the theory that Favre brokered the deal.
I'm just not clear on how that theory works as far as the volleyball court. He presumably didn't get any kickback for that. He presumably didn't make any representations about compliance with the grant requirements or take on any responsibility for compliance. He asked for stuff, but people ask government entities to do things they aren't allowed to all the time. Provided there was never anybody acknowledging that what they were doing is illegal or him asking for them to do it even though he knows it's not allowed, I'm just not sure what his crime would be. I know there are restrictions about being paid to essentially lobby for grants, but I'm not sure if he would be violating any of those if he wasn't receiving any personal benefit and I'm not sure if benefits to the foundation or university would be sufficient to tag him with criminal liability.

For the drug company, I could see him having some real risk. He had a pecuniary interest and was essentially acting as a representative of the company. I think anything he did on that deal is much more likely to have violated a statute, particularly after there was talk about Bryant getting some stock awards after leaving office.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm just not clear on how that theory works as far as the volleyball court. He presumably didn't get any kickback for that. He presumably didn't make any representations about compliance with the grant requirements or take on any responsibility for compliance. He asked for stuff, but people ask government entities to do things they aren't allowed to all the time. Provided there was never anybody acknowledging that what they were doing is illegal or him asking for them to do it even though he knows it's not allowed, I'm just not sure what his crime would be. I know there are restrictions about being paid to essentially lobby for grants, but I'm not sure if he would be violating any of those if he wasn't receiving any personal benefit and I'm not sure if benefits to the foundation or university would be sufficient to tag him with criminal liability.

For the drug company, I could see him having some real risk. He had a pecuniary interest and was essentially acting as a representative of the company. I think anything he did on that deal is much more likely to have violated a statute, particularly after there was talk about Bryant getting some stock awards after leaving office.
I doubt it would be hard to prove that Favre knew exactly where that money was coming from and that it wasn't for the intended use of the grant money.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login