Looks like Slay is getting cut.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Just saw that. Supposedly Slay and his agent are wanting a "huge contract". Just the wording I saw, not sure what "huge" would be

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Man, Dallas had a window to excel back in 2017 to 2021, but missed it. Jerry can't get out of the way. Zeke should have been traded back when he held out when he was worth something. You should never give a big contract to a RB after the age of 25. Just keep cycling through drafted Rb's.

Of late, people that knock on Jerruh come off like people that knock on Dak. The Boys have actually been drafting and making contract decisions among the best in the NFL the last few years. The notable exceptions that held them back are Zeke's contract and WR decisions last off-season.

Reactions: Motodawg

msudawglb

Aug 24, 2013
Of late, people that knock on Jerruh come off like people that knock on Dak. The Boys have actually been drafting and making contract decisions among the best in the NFL the last few years. The notable exceptions that held them back are Zeke's contract and WR decisions last off-season.
So, you get in a jab at my complaining of Jerry, but then agree with me. Don't forget #3 - #5 as well
(1) signing Zeke
(2) not signing a true #1 WR
(3) Letting Witten play an additional year
(4) Keeping Garrett as coach way too long and then getting a washed up coach to replace him.
(5) Promoting Moore to OC and keeping him another year. Offense is very predictable.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

Front office has improved recently probably because their listening to Will McClay more but I'll leave it at that.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm not holding my breath that Jerry will do anything to improve Dallas or Dak. I have no help at all with that man can do anything competently. I still hope he will end up trading him to another team that he can maybe have more than 1 or 2 receivers who can get open occasionally and give him multiple targets to throw at. If you need an example of precisely what I'm talking about, take a look at the possible receivers at San Francisco on any given play.

ETA- maybe he should act like Rogers and give the team a list of people he would like to throw the ball to. At least he's going to the biggest city that may be able to hold his ego.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
So, you get in a jab at my complaining of Jerry, but then agree with me. Don't forget #3 - #5 as well
(1) signing Zeke
(4) Keeping Garrett as coach way too long and then getting a washed up coach to replace him.
(5) Promoting Moore to OC and keeping him another year. Offense is very predictable.
Boom boom ain’t very smart.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
(1) signing Zeke
No. #2 is really a result of #1, and #1 happened 4 years ago. If you're gonna shite on a GM, you kinda need to have some more recent data. Especially when they made several FA decisions to not extend/sign that worked out wonderfully, including ones panned at the time.

#3) seems pretty irrelevant to me.
#4) I agree, but goes back several years as well. I would argue hiring MM is the worse move.
#5) considering #1 and #2, it's hard to pan this considering the point production. Definition of sounding like a Dak hater. I think Moore was good but was overrated. And given the clear difference of opinion from MM on how to run an offense, we don't know how much he was meddling. Play calling will be worse without him, but may get situationally better and probably will have a better run blocking scheme (appeared to me to be a deficiency with Moore, who saw blocking as Xs and Os and did not account for ability).

Reactions: Motodawg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I still hope he will end up trading him to another team that he can maybe have more than 1 or 2 receivers who can get open occasionally and give him multiple targets to throw at.
Dak's not going anywhere. 1. Jerry values Dak higher than most GMs. 2. Being QB1 is Dallas is the biggest position in sports, Dak doesn't want to leave, he has already agreed to have his contract restructured.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
I'm not holding my breath that Jerry will do anything to improve Dallas or Dak. I have no help at all with that man can do anything competently. I still hope he will end up trading him to another team that he can maybe have more than 1 or 2 receivers who can get open occasionally and give him multiple targets to throw at. If you need an example of precisely what I'm talking about, take a look at the possible receivers at San Francisco on any given play.

ETA- maybe he should act like Rogers and give the team a list of people he would like to throw the ball to. At least he's going to the biggest city that may be able to hold his ego.
Jerry and company are just too old school. These days you can't do EVERYTHING through the draft. Totally blew it last year with depending on rookie WRs that gave almost no help and holding their breath that Gallup would come back to form from injury (which he didn't). The only real playmakers they had were Lamb, Pollard and Dak and now Pollard has a significant injury. Also continue to degrade on the OL. Dak's biggest problems with INTs last year was feeling like he had to get rid of the ball too quickly because he was always under so much pressure.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login