Looks like the streak might end today…

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
14 straight in WBB vs confederates. They are having their way with us early. Women are worse than men against 1-3-1.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
What exactly where we good at before Cohen took over. Oh yeah, just baseball.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Things certainly have changed there and despite the detractors/haters of Cohen I like to think he has learned something from all of this. I hope he has but at the same time I'm also thinking there aren't many coaches like Schrader out there to pick from. It's a lot harder than some think it is and some coaches have to be built.

I know you guys probably don't remember Schrader was decent coach when he came here but when he started to really have success when he started spending his off-season's with Coach Geno Auriemma from Connecticut who was then the top coach in women's basketball. I really think he learned a lot from Coach Gino about building a program.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Arent we pretty much the same or better than before he was hired in everything but WBK ? I dont care one way or the other but lets not just say things.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
It’s sad to see the utter lack of fan support there. You’ve got a good team, look like a fun team to watch, and you’re playing your hated arch rival with a chance to beat them for the first time in forever- there’s like 100 people there.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Things certainly have changed there and despite the detractors/haters of Cohen I like to think he has learned something from all of this. I hope he has but at the same time I'm also thinking there aren't many coaches like Schrader out there to pick from. It's a lot harder than some think it is and some coaches have to be built.

I know you guys probably don't remember Schrader was decent coach when he came here but when he started to really have success when he started spending his off-season's with Coach Geno Auriemma from Connecticut who was then the top coach in women's basketball. I really think he learned a lot from Coach Gino about building a program.

"Schrader" ...

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
I’m not quite with you, but I’m pretty surprised at how little I care about WBB now. 3-5 years ago I didn’t miss a game. We’ve fallen pretty damn quickly.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
We can build a Palmeiro center every single year we don't pay Vic Schaefer

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
I didn’t even know the two teams played today until reading this thread. I hate losing to MSU, y’all hate losing to Ole Miss, but nobody really even knows it’s happened.

OliveBranchDAWG

Aug 22, 2012
I’m not quite with you, but I’m pretty surprised at how little I care about WBB now. 3-5 years ago I didn’t miss a game. We’ve fallen pretty damn quickly.

I don’t understand the appeal for WBB. It’s not enjoyable to watch and there’s not a meaningful professional level of play. MSU fans are starved for a winner and Schaefer had the women at an elite level for awhile so I guess that’s where the following came from. But now WBB is a fringe level tournament team so any money or resources being injected into that program is a waste.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Winning creates excitement. Losing creates apathy. What a concept.

Women's basketball is on the level of softball for me. It was exciting when they were making that run and it's good PR for the university but at the end of the day - I don't lose sleep if we are a bottom feeder. Schafer did make it fun though.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login