Looks like the women

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Are under performing. This is disappointing to say the least. Is the course in Scottsdale that difficult compared to other courses they’ve played?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Are under performing. This is disappointing to say the least. Is the course in Scottsdale that difficult compared to other courses they’ve played?
I noticed that yesterday…. We have a ton of ground to make up to even make the top 15. Incredibly disappointing.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
I can attest that Greyhawk is no joke. One of the harder tracks in the Scottsdale area no doubt.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Sitting tied for 15th. I don’t know what the tiebreakers are.

ETA: I found the tiebreaker rules:
Non-Sudden Death Tiebreakers. Non-sudden death tiebreaking procedures for the championships are as follows:
• First Tiebreaker – cumulative total of the non-counting scores.
• Second Tiebreaker – cumulative total of the lowest player score from each round.
• Third Tiebreaker – cumulative total of the second lowest player score from each round.
• Fourth Tiebreaker – cumulative total of the third lowest player score from each round.
• Fifth Tiebreaker – cumulative total of the fourth lowest player score from each round.
• Sixth Tiebreaker – revert to original seeding of teams.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
This is intense. Dogs pick up 3 strokes quickly to get inside the top 15 with 16-18 left

Reactions: BigMac350

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The ladies seem to love the stroke play today. They get it one more time tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The cumulative scores from today carry over into tomorrow though, right? So State is sitting at +16, but will need to somehow make up 11 strokes to get up to the +5 that Texas A&M and Arizona have at 7/8th to advance to the round of 8, which is reset to more of a head to head competition.

Correct me if I’m wrong. I’m not a golf guy.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The cumulative scores from today carry over into tomorrow though, right? So State is sitting at +16, but will need to somehow make up 11 strokes to get up to the +5 that Texas A&M and Arizona have at 7/8th to advance to the round of 8, which is reset to more of a head to head competition.

Correct me if I’m wrong. I’m not a golf guy.

You're right. They're sitting 11 strokes out of 8th, which is the last position to make the match play rounds for the championship.

They played like the team they've been all year yesterday. In other words, Top 8 caliber.

They gotta play like the best team in the country today to give themselves a chance to advance.

With 4 scores counting it's not impossible, but they probably need to post the best round of the day outside of maybe what Stanford does.

They tee off in the first groups today at noon Central Time...

Last edited:
Reactions: WilCoDawg and Dawgg

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Being unfamiliar with women’s golf, do the players usually stay around the full amount of time or are they like baseball players that get drafted?
I asked because if this group sticks around, the team seems to have a bright future.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Being unfamiliar with women’s golf, do the players usually stay around the full amount of time or are they like baseball players that get drafted?
I asked because if this group sticks around, the team seems to have a bright future.

Unless they think they're a can't miss LPGA player, most are gonna stay at least till they graduate. We've only got one who could reasonably entertain those thoughts, and there really are very few can't miss players.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
We're out of it. Throwing up 6's and 7's and 8's is simply not gonna get it done.

No shame. They just didn't have their A game this week. It's been a great season.

A State team finishing in the Top 15 nationally is not a common thing.

Reactions: Dawgg

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
My one experience playing a desert course told me this - if you are having trouble hitting it straight off the tee, it could make for a long day. Sand, rocks, bushes, cactuses, scorpions all await an errant tee shot.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
My one experience playing a desert course told me this - if you are having trouble hitting it straight off the tee, it could make for a long day. Sand, rocks, bushes, cactuses, scorpions all await an errant tee shot.
Wait, people actually hit it straight? Who knew!

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It's too bad they couldn't get 4 players going on the same day. Three of our girls are under par, 5 under total.

If one of the other two was playing similar golf we'd be challenging for that 8th spot.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Welp. There's always football recruiting to bring our spirits up. /faaaaaarrrrrrt.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
That first day really hurt them. Rounds 2 & 3 were a lot closer to the top 5-10 and I think today is going to turn out the same way. Going 301 that first day made them play catch up all week. They're the only team that went over 300 on day one and made it to today.

Reactions: She Mate Me

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
The Par 4’s killed then all week. + 44 for the tourney on Par 4’s. They were 2nd on Par 3’s and Top 10 on Par 5’s. They tied South Carolina for Eagles at 5.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login