Looks like we upgraded at 3rd base.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey

patdog

May 28, 2007
Thanks for keeping us abreast of the breaking “news”
Yeah. Knew it was old news. But hadn’t seen it discussed here. But I’ve been mostly out for a few days. In any case, this looks like good news.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Our coach seems to feel that we are ok with the status quo of pitchers we are returning as well as the juggernaut freshmen we are bringing in who usually do so well against SEC hitters. He believes they are due to take a huge leap from a conference ERA of 9.54 to at least an 8.00 ERA.****

1689076768465.png

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Our coach seems to feel that we are ok with the status quo of pitchers we are returning as well as the juggernaut freshmen we are bringing in who usually do so well against SEC hitters. He believes they are due to take a huge leap from a conference ERA of 9.54 to at least an 8.00 ERA.****

View attachment 365080

That really is a shocking and depressing set of stats.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Memphis 3B is transferring in. Looks like he’s a good player. Best baseball news I’ve seen in a while.
While we may only have one season to enjoy it, I’m starting to really like our batting order for next season. 1-7 are about as solid as you can get these days, and if we can somehow bring Larry back, I’ll feel even better.

Now, pitching of course remains as the elephant in the room, and I’m starting to get worried that our plan is to cross our fingers and pray that our pitching coach is a miracle worker.

Reactions: patdog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
While we may only have one season to enjoy it, I’m starting to really like our batting order for next season. 1-7 are about as solid as you can get these days, and if we can somehow bring Larry back, I’ll feel even better.

Now, pitching of course remains as the elephant in the room, and I’m starting to get worried that our plan is to cross our fingers and pray that our pitching coach is a miracle worker.

I agree about our hitting, but the pitching is almost certainly gonna be a huge problem.

It would be completely unfair to expect this new coach to turn around that mess in a single season. After all, what solid pitcher wants to transfer into that mess until somebody proves it's getting fixed.

Hope I'm terribly mistaken.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We're taking a lot of risk with our pitching. We're counting on a lot of players to ALL make major improvement from this year to next year. Some of them will. But the odds of all of them making the kind of improvement we need are very slim. I don't care how good the pitching coach is, pitching is going to be a problem next year.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I agree about our hitting, but the pitching is almost certainly gonna be a huge problem.

It would be completely unfair to expect this new coach to turn around that mess in a single season. After all, what solid pitcher wants to transfer into that mess until somebody proves it's getting fixed.

Hope I'm terribly mistaken.
I’m with you, man. I mean, we’ve got some talented arms on the roster, and I think it’s reasonable to hope that a competent pitching coach might be able to shave a run or two off our league worst ERA. The problem, though, is that we need 3-4 runs knocked off just to get to middle of the pack in the SEC, and I don’t see how we’re going to do that without a few solid transfers.

Then, like I said, this batting order should be fun to watch for a season, but it’s going to be decimated the following year. It’s like our AD is one of those guys that just can’t take his eyes off of a good train wreck

Reactions: She Mate Me

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

View attachment 365080

Page 2 from Foxhall's resume..........

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I’m with you, man. I mean, we’ve got some talented arms on the roster, and I think it’s reasonable to hope that a competent pitching coach might be able to shave a run or two off our league worst ERA.

Just getting rid of Yntema shaved off at least 30 or so.***

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login