Lots of defense being played in the Vandy/Auburn game

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
At the second media timeout, Auburn is shooting .636 and Vandy is shooting .818

rugbdawg

Oct 10, 2006
think he is the best basketball coach we have EVER had at MSU. The rest would at least think he is top 2 or 3. We have all been critical of him at some point in his tenure. But no one hates him. Remember the poll? Everyone agreed he was AT LEAST a great recruiter and average floor coach. Most thought him to be much better. No one hates Stans (except MAYBE Coach). Personally, I think Coach likes Stans, he just likes to be especially critical because he is a former coach.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
but you are labeled a Ricky hater if you dont think he is great just for taking a piss. And you cant possibly think any other coach can do any better

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Nobody is blasting you guys for not saying Stans is great. I don't even say that. You guys get blasted for a few things like saying we have poor rebounding fundamentals, Rick is an average/poor floor coach, Rick is a "joke" of a floor coach (yes that was said), nitpicking everything little thing he does and then excusing or praising other coaches who do the same thing, and posting like crazy when we lose but being nowhere to be found when we win. Nobody is asking you to worship at Stansbury's feet, but when you come out and rag incessantly on one of the most successful coaches in this conference this decade you are going to get flack, particularly if you defend and throw heaps of praise onto lesser coaches.</p>

rugbdawg

Oct 10, 2006
and their coaching struggles. I was just posting in direct response to someone calling out the supposed "Stans Haters." We don't have any, that was my point. I feel like most of your post was directed towards Coach, but I felt the need to respond with the fundies comment.

patdog

May 28, 2007
But there are a couple (you included) who are hyper-critical of him and rarely give him any praise for a job well done.

rugbdawg

Oct 10, 2006
was a problem after the Tennessee game. STANS HIMSELF acknowledged it was a problem publicly in the clarion ledger. I post on the board that we need to improve the EXACT SAME THING HE SAID we needed to improve on in the Clarion Ledger and I get blasted. They (they being Stans and the team together) worked on it and improved it. (see the Vandy, Florida, and LSU if you take away the 1st half). I acknowledged the great improvement after the Vandy game when some were calling for Stans' head.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
My complaint has been the lack of consistency with how some on the board judge coaches. It's ok for Brady to have injury or youth problems, or to have two terrible years in a row without a hope of postseason play, but Rick gets dragged over the coals for not making it past the second round on the NCAA Tournament. We are one of the best rebounding teams in the conference and have been this whole decade but we are described by some on the board as having poor rebounding fundamentals. We play defense as well as anybody, but if a guy goes off shooting from the parking lot it's Stansbury's fault. My point is, it's ok for other coaches to have some losses, but don't let Stansbury lose a game. Stansbury isnt' the greatest coach ever. But, he isn't an average coach either. If he is, then a lot of other coaches in the nation are very average and a lot more are crappy. Be evenhanded when judging these coaches or at least try.

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
who were crying that we should fire stans after the Vandy loss because we "let" Foster score 42 points on us. The guy is just a very good player, is my point, and he had a career night on his last night in his home gym.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
recruit a center or 3...playing with a team of shooting guards and small forwards is never going to get you anywhere

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
2 biggest players have missed the whole season with injury, one of which was a McDonald's All American?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Kind of ironic after all Coach has said about Brady the past several weeks that he would criticize Lebo.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
6'7" Josh Dollard. So that's his three post players. Im not sure how many teams have more than three legit post players. We really don't but we could play B. Johnson I guess.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
their two best players for a short time, and its a legit excuse for your man, but Lebo loses his 3 best post players and its his fault because he didn't have anymore? Gotcha loud and clear, Misty.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login