chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Last edited:

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
And where did a lot of that money go?
Prosecutors alleged Funes approved payments of approximately $180,000 to an individual identified as "Individual C" in the bill of information.

Sources told ESPN that "Individual C" is the father of former LSU offensive lineman Vadal Alexander, who was a four-year starter for the Tigers from 2012 to 2015.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Loved me some King Jackie. We had some good years under him and some of the actions, so to speak, that managed to get talent on campus was acceptable to me. Amateur college athletics isn't church. Never knew about anyone stealing from a kid's cancer fund, though. That's a bit much.

Last edited:

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
And where did a lot of that money go?

So off it went for what the NCAA found to be improper benefits to LSU athletes. Which LSU reported when those payments came to light as part of an investigation into irregularities at a Hospital Foundation.

I’ve yet to see a published report where anyone within the LSU athletic department solicited those improper payments.

This is a case of embezzlement from a dishonest head of a Foundation that does great work in Baton Rouge. That person is paying his debt to society.

If you people want to spin it some other way because of a silly sports rivalry, knock yourself out. You be you.

• Haha
Reactions: skydawg1 and patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
So off it went for what the NCAA found to be improper benefits to LSU athletes. Which LSU reported when those payments came to light as part of an investigation into irregularities at a Hospital Foundation.

I’ve yet to see a published report where anyone within the LSU athletic department solicited those improper payments.

This is a case of embezzlement from a dishonest head of a Foundation that does great work in Baton Rouge, WHO WAS ILLEGALLY FUNNELING THAT MONEY TO LSU ATHLETES That person is paying his debt to society.

If you people want to spin it some other way because of a silly sports rivalry, knock yourself out. You be you.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Correct. As the posted article stated, John Paul Funes was charged AND convicted for his misdeeds. But thanks for confirming that point.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

This is a case of embezzlement from a dishonest head of a Foundation that does great work in Baton Rouge. That person is paying his debt to society.

So LSU reported it after it came to light from a separate investigation? I’m sure they had no clue at all beforehand. Did they give the money back to the sick kids?

Reactions: Darryl Steight

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
So LSU reported it after it came to light from a separate investigation? I’m sure they had no clue at all beforehand. Did they give the money back to the sick kids?
“Funes' alleged misconduct was discovered during an internal audit in August 2018. He was fired in November 2018. LSU has said, in a previously released statement by the school, that it was made aware of specific allegations by foundation officials in late 2018 and "made the information immediately available to the NCAA."”

Per the AP, “Funes was told to pay a $50,000 fine. He has paid $796,000 in restitution.”

If you would like to know more about the case against Funes, here is a good resource:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
“Funes' alleged misconduct was discovered during an internal audit in August 2018. He was fired in November 2018. LSU has said, in a previously released statement by the school, that it was made aware of specific allegations by foundation officials in late 2018 and "made the information immediately available to the NCAA."”

Per the AP, “Funes was told to pay a $50,000 fine. He has paid $796,000 in restitution.”

If you would like to know more about the case against Funes, here is a good resource:

How long y’all been together?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Did LSU return the money stolen from the sick kids?
I’m curious about this as well. If he’s in jail and it’s been proven that the money went to someone else, why aren’t they pursuing this further instead of stopping with him and jail time and less than the total amount restitution?

Why isn’t the IRS trying to get in on this and capture their share of the funds that went to the third-party? Improper funds were obtained in a truly disgusting manner and they’re not doing anything besides jailing one guy?

This, along with LSUx’s pathetic “penalty“, shows our justice system truly is 2-tiered.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I’m curious about this as well. If he’s in jail and it’s been proven that the money went to someone else, why aren’t they pursuing this further instead of stopping with him and jail time and less than the total amount restitution?

Why isn’t the IRS trying to get in on this and capture their share of the funds that went to the third-party? Improper funds were obtained in a truly disgusting manner and they’re not doing anything besides jailing one guy?

This, along with LSUx’s pathetic “penalty“, shows our justice system truly is 2-tiered.
Because Chuck said he’s reformed
1687790978978.gif

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Hungry Gingerbread House GIF by IFHT Films
happy hot dog GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)
tv land eating GIF by #Impastor
GIF by Eva

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
We said for a while that MSU actually won the last amateur college baseball national championship. Sort of like winning the last gold medal in the Olympics before they allowed all the pros to come in and compete.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login