Louisville and McDonnell

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
From reading Twitter, it seems McDonnell and Louisville may not be happy with each other. Possible rumors of him to Bama.

I’d fire Lemonis tonight if McDonnell would come here. Our AD needs to be working the back channels tonight

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
McDonnell isn't leaving there nor coming here. Bama is worse than Louisville.
Yeah, I would agree on Bama. Just following along d1 baseball Twitter guy and something seems to be brewing with him and Louisville. Could be postering on McDonnell’s part to get something.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’d bet its nothing, and he’s back at Louisville.

But even if not, he’s not coming here and backstabbing Lemonis anyway - although he may wish he’d taken our offer the first time.

Louisville has also completely missed the NCAA Tourney in 2 of the past 3 seasons, and went 10-20 in the ACC this year. It’s certainly worth asking if McDonnell has lost the edge. Lord knows the usual crew around here would be completely done with him if that happened here in years 15-17 of his tenure.

His best chance of getting a solid landing spot is bringing them back to relevance next year, and then getting out.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
I could see Bama promoting their interim. They should be in position to host

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
From reading Twitter, it seems McDonnell and Louisville may not be happy with each other. Possible rumors of him to Bama.

I’d fire Lemonis tonight if McDonnell would come here. Our AD needs to be working the back channels tonight
I was told by people (supposedly in the know) that this situation is not in the AD's hands.
We will know soon, I guess.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Lemonis and McDonnell were best men at each other's weddings. He isn't coming here. Give up that ghost

May 20, 2023
He was unhappy with Louisville two, three, or four years ago. I can’t remember the details but they must have hammered them out.

Has Louisville done anything in the last four years? It seems their glory years are over.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
He was unhappy with Louisville two, three, or four years ago. I can’t remember the details but they must have hammered them out.

Has Louisville done anything in the last four years? It seems their glory years are over.
Went to the CWS in 19 and eliminated us. Super last year.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I was told by people (supposedly in the know) that this situation is not in the AD's hands.

The Lemonis situation? It’s never been in the AD’s hands. Not like Selmon’s the one who would have to come out of his own pocket to pay $4-$5 million to Lemonis and Geautreau.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I doubt Lemonis will be fired this year. And for what it’s worth, I wouldn’t fire him unless you feel you have a clear upgrade identified. But if I were AD, I would at least check on a top coach that seems to be publicly signaling he is unhappy.

And yes, I understand Lemonis and McDonnell are buddies. I personally don’t think it matters. Lemonis and foxhall were buddies too.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I doubt Lemonis will be fired this year. And for what it’s worth, I wouldn’t fire him unless you feel you have a clear upgrade identified. But if I were AD, I would at least check on a top coach that seems to be publicly signaling he is unhappy.

And yes, I understand Lemonis and McDonnell are buddies. I personally don’t think it matters. Lemonis and foxhall were buddies too.

The question is (and it feels strange saying this) if McDonnell is a definite upgrade at this point?

I mean possibly so? I haven’t followed Louisville closely enough to know why they have seemingly taken a step down in stature since COVID. But it has happened. And McDonnell is no longer a spring chicken. He’s the same age as Lemonis….they were college teammates after all. That’s definitely now on the extreme older end of the spectrum for what we’d be looking for in a replacement. Just don’t really get the vibe that he is a guaranteed success here and now at this point in his career. Not to the extent that our fans would expect, anyway.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login