LSU Coach Jay Johnson

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
Takes every opportunity to disrupt the flow of the game at every possible moment. He is constantly walking out of the dugout and talking to the umpires. I guess he’s a genius because he manages to get away with it. There are times when he is out complaining, and I can’t even figure out what the issue is. He should have been tossed last night, but I guess he knows exactly what he can get away with.

I didn’t think anyone could be worse than Pulmonary.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It’s micro-managing bullshlt. Works in college but it makes baseball unwatchable. Cohen did it too. Can’t argue with the results though.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Gets good results but definitely not a fan of his antics. I will say he seems to be a good fit with Brian Kelly and the women’s basketball coach.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

patdog

May 28, 2007
Why don't umpires eject a manager who comes out onto the field? After giving a warning of course.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Takes every opportunity to disrupt the flow of the game at every possible moment. He is constantly walking out of the dugout and talking to the umpires. I guess he’s a genius because he manages to get away with it. There are times when he is out complaining, and I can’t even figure out what the issue is. He should have been tossed last night, but I guess he knows exactly what he can get away with.

Getting to see him and Pearl in the same day was _________(fill in the blank)

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It’s called coaching. I think one Mike Leach used to do the same thing as a young man if I remember the stories from his books correctly.
Baseball is slow enough as it is. This stuff needs to go away. The gap between how college is done and how pro is done is biggest in baseball. You won't see this type stuff in pro ball that much. It's travel ball-ish - it's not about the players - it's about the coaches.

Now, I understand that it's necessary, advantageous and legal. But geez, at some point, play the game.

Reactions: Bulldog45

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009

I was surprised Lemonis didn’t get tossed in the 3rd yesterday the way he was yelling at the home plate umpire.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Good coach. Defends his players and won a Natty in his second year. Also in interviews praises other teams and other coaches. If you can get away with those histrionics why not do it (Bobby Knight comes to mind). Blame umps if they put up with too much. He's nothing like Vitello. Just typing Vitello makes me think I need to take another shower again.

Reactions: Dogpatrol
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login