LSU: "Should I stay or should I go?" Undecided...

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I'm really trying to process the LSU game and determine whether this is a one-off situation or a harbinger of doom. After having read very compelling arguments from both sides, I'm not really sure if I should let it go or not.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!!! Decision making is driven by desire. So I think you know my question. What is it that you desire to do Mr. Cook?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Thanks for reminding me its time to change my sig but I have to ask... Are you seriously asking that question on the website with the following motto?
Abandon all hope ye who cheer for the maroon and white

<tbody>
</tbody>

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
You just need another non-conference game to settle you down. This air raid looks tremendous against non-conference opposition. Too bad we only have 4 of those.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2012
I'm really trying to process the LSU game and determine whether this is a one-off situation or a harbinger of doom. After having read very compelling arguments from both sides, I'm not really sure if I should let it go or not.

Thoughts?

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
We only have 2 more top 5 talent pool teams (Bummer and UGA) on the schedule since one (LSU) is behind us. If you want to feel doomed as a result have fun!

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
We only have 2 more top 5 talent pool teams (Bummer and UGA) on the schedule since one (LSU) is behind us. If you want to feel doomed as a result have fun!

How in the world is LSU a top 5 talent pool team if A&M isn't one? I think A&M, LSU, are going to end up looking pretty similar this year (and probably more like top 10-12 talent on the way to a top 25 performance) and UM, UK, and Arky will be not far behind them talent wise and close or better than them actual performance.

Cheddar Bob

Oct 13, 2020
How in the world is LSU a top 5 talent pool team if A&M isn't one? I think A&M, LSU, are going to end up looking pretty similar this year (and probably more like top 10-12 talent on the way to a top 25 performance) and UM, UK, and Arky will be not far behind them talent wise and close or better than them actual performance.
**** wrong post

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’ll have to say, I’m a little blown away by all the pessimism after the LSU loss. You guys do realize that roster is way more talented than ours and it’s not even close. Also, Ed O ain’t the head coach anymore… lastly, Daniels is a lot better QB than Johnson. We didn’t lose to south Alabama. We lost to a fringe top 25 team, that will probably be a top 25 by year end.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
If you're a State fan just learn to not clench. It goes easier if you don't clench.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010

Thoughts?
If you think our WR's will continue to drop passes in their hands, then go with "harbinger of doom" because we aren't likely to have room to stumble that way in our SEC games.

If, though, you think our WR's get their **** together again & stop the drive-killing dropsies, go with "one off".

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I’ll have to say, I’m a little blown away by all the pessimism after the LSU loss. You guys do realize that roster is way more talented than ours and it’s not even close. Also, Ed O ain’t the head coach anymore… lastly, Daniels is a lot better QB than Johnson. We didn’t lose to south Alabama. We lost to a fringe top 25 team, that will probably be a top 25 by year end.

We fell apart against a talented team that is not yet a good team. By the end of the year, this probably won't look like a bad loss. But LSU is two weeks removed from getting beat by a pretty mediocre FSU team.

And it's also painful how we lost. Receiver dropping very catchable balls. An upper classman put in to return punts making the same stupid mistake that helped cost us Memphis's game. Our QB becoming inaccurate after getting hit a few times.

The last one is the most painful. Happened to Will last year and completely understandable why; if you magically made me 6'4 and 240, I think I'd still get happy feet once I got hit a few times. But it is depressing because we're going to keep playing lines that put pressure on him. Not worried about UGA or Bama, but we can't really afford for any of UK, Ark, UM, or A&M to just become unwinnable because they can get pressure on Will and we suddenly start missing enough passes that we can't sustain drives.

ETA: Not that I'm on the doom and gloom band wagon yet. I'm still expecting 7 wins and hoping for 8. Still hurts though.

Last edited:

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Let it go, guys. This is a ‘second kind of rat poison’ you are eating. Nick tells his team don’t eat the praise the press lays on you. Coach Leach has to deal with the kind of stuff in this thread. That rat poison is eaten by the team and fans who lose game.

Damn guys, the LSU game is over. On to Bowling Green!! Coach Leach has to get out his message out to his team that you are a good group of kids whose lack of experience showed up in the second quarter. We have to work and correct our inconsistency.

Some of you “fans” are eating the ‘we lost rat poison’, too. Stop it. We lost. At their place. It happened before. It will happen again.

See you Saturday. Hail State!!

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

I used to have a lot more patience for this sort of crap. Folks need to remember they're just a couple of seasons in the future from a national title not just some other team ready to crap the bed like Arizona. Did Arizona have a recruiting class or two made from that NC season?

View attachment 25364
Just because our baseball team did not take advantage of a national championship doesn't mean everyone else did the same.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
This will be determined on a week by week basis.

MSU football, seems to be like the Gump...box of chocolates,

Never really know what is going to develop.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login