You've got to think at some point the bowl sponsors are going to start bitching about the lack of participation.
Playoff will curb some of this, at least with the NY6 bowls. That's where it seems most of the opt-outs are coming from, or at least the high-profile ones. I really do think the playoff is just the injection this sport needs right now.With all the opt-outs and lack of incentives to perform going on now, if I was an odds maker I would not set a line on a non playoff bowl game until a few days before kickoff. Some teams are TOTALLY different in the post season than they were in the regular season now.
I agree with this. The only problem is that coming from just the coaches sounds a bit self-serving. Other stakeholders need to start speaking out for a call for action.When you got Kirby Prime Saban and others talking about how broken college football is someone will start listening. Not sure how quickly they will fix it though
I agree but those coaches have contracts and stipulations as employees. Right now nil is nothing more than being used as pay for play and being asked to be supported by fans rather than schools and business who they generate revenue for. They don't generate revenue for me. For me, it's just a hobby and bragging rights. But with open portal. Opt outs. Nil. It's becoming less interesting to me. I love the sport itself. But everything it's become i prefer the pro game better.I agree with this. The only problem is that coming from just the coaches sounds a bit self-serving. Other stakeholders need to start speaking out for a call for action.
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
Rivals Football Recruiting
No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
Rivals Football Recruiting
How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
Maroon and White Football
"No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense