LSU stunk it up …

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
With all the opt-outs and lack of incentives to perform going on now, if I was an odds maker I would not set a line on a non playoff bowl game until a few days before kickoff. Some teams are TOTALLY different in the post season than they were in the regular season now.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
With all the opt-outs and lack of incentives to perform going on now, if I was an odds maker I would not set a line on a non playoff bowl game until a few days before kickoff. Some teams are TOTALLY different in the post season than they were in the regular season now.
Playoff will curb some of this, at least with the NY6 bowls. That's where it seems most of the opt-outs are coming from, or at least the high-profile ones. I really do think the playoff is just the injection this sport needs right now.

Of course, it would have been better had they done a 16-team playoff, and used bowls for ALL of the games, not just the 6 games in the 2nd/3rd round. That'll come eventually, rather than this home field junk. Think about it, that's 16 bowl games right there.

And not to mention, I think the bowls beyond that might actually get some juice, as they lead up to the playoff.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
When you got Kirby Prime Saban and others talking about how broken college football is someone will start listening. Not sure how quickly they will fix it though

Reactions: Studentdawg06

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
When you got Kirby Prime Saban and others talking about how broken college football is someone will start listening. Not sure how quickly they will fix it though
I agree with this. The only problem is that coming from just the coaches sounds a bit self-serving. Other stakeholders need to start speaking out for a call for action.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I agree with this. The only problem is that coming from just the coaches sounds a bit self-serving. Other stakeholders need to start speaking out for a call for action.
I agree but those coaches have contracts and stipulations as employees. Right now nil is nothing more than being used as pay for play and being asked to be supported by fans rather than schools and business who they generate revenue for. They don't generate revenue for me. For me, it's just a hobby and bragging rights. But with open portal. Opt outs. Nil. It's becoming less interesting to me. I love the sport itself. But everything it's become i prefer the pro game better.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login