LSU's Grant Taylor has a UCL...

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
To go along with three other pitchers who are out for the year. Hey, Wes Johnson…
Man, I thought y’all were just messin, so I looked up their coaching staff. Sure enough, it’s Admiral Armkiller himself. I can’t believe he keeps getting hired….there’s no WAY I’d let my kid pitch for him.

Reactions: eckie1

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
You can’t destroy that many arms by accident. Damn.

Sure you can. Happened to us just last year.

Welcome to college baseball…..where no amount of money, prestige, tradition, or talent elsewhere on the roster can save you if the Tommy John gods choose to frown upon you.

Reactions: aTotal360

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Sure you can. Happened to us just last year.

Welcome to college baseball…..where no amount of money, prestige, tradition, or talent elsewhere on the roster can save you if the Tommy John gods choose to frown upon you.
Unfortunately, I believe the damage is done well before these kids get to college. With their zeal to make the next level they are putting more and more pressure on their arms to deliver higher MPH pitches. If they have bad mechanics then they show up with some damage and exacerbate it trying to make the pitching rotation.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Unfortunately, I believe the damage is done well before these kids get to college. With their zeal to make the next level they are putting more and more pressure on their arms to deliver higher MPH pitches. If they have bad mechanics then they show up with some damage and exacerbate it trying to make the pitching rotation.
Agree. I make fun of the arm killers in college baseball a lot, but truth be known they are just on the biggest stage before pro ball, so it looks worse.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

100% accurate.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login