Luckiest SOBs

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Wonder if anyone has ever looked at Alabamas winning percentage with and without SEC Referees? I am guessing we’ll over 90 percent with SEC Refs and probably more like 60 percent without SEC Referees. Talking major conference games, not Middle Tennessee, Georgia Southern, etc.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
That safety that never happened was one of the most embarrassing officiating blunders ever. Of course it ends in major favor for Alabama. This is SEC football. Welcome Texas!

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
That safety that never happened was one of the most embarrassing officiating blunders ever. Of course it ends in major favor for Alabama. This is SEC football. Welcome Texas!

Official SEC apology letter for Texas incoming.

Officials make mistakes. It happens. You gotta wonder how all the mistakes in Bama games tend to go their way, though.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
My memory isn’t the best but I don’t recall a time when Bama got the **** end of the stick on a truly game changing call or no-call.

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
Ball rolled out the end zone. He wasn’t down when he tossed/fumbled the ball. If Texas had fallen on it, it would have been a TD.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Safety and or intentional grounding. Which would be a safety in that case.

Yes, the only way for there not to be a safety on that play would be for the referees to see a fictitious roughing/targeting penalty.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
At the least, it should have been intentional grounding. There wasn’t an eligible receiver anywhere near where he threw it.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The fact that the "pass" did not make it back to the line of scrimmage and he threw it out of bounds which makes it grounding and Bama is just lucky enough that the referees were so stupid they didn't realize it.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The fact that the "pass" did not make it back to the line of scrimmage and he threw it out of bounds which makes it grounding and Bama is just lucky enough that the referees were so stupid they didn't realize it.

I thought the "pass" went out of bounds in the end zone. But on second view, maybe it didn't. Either way, it's at the very least intentional grounding, which if occurs in the endzone, is a safety.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I thought the "pass" went out of bounds in the end zone. But on second view, maybe it didn't. Either way, it's at the very least intentional grounding, which if occurs in the endzone, is a safety.

You have to take it easy on these boys it's hard for them to make more than one decision at a time when you give them two or three at once they don't know what the hell to do. They were so wrapped up in reversing the bad calls that they didn't make the proper call and that my friends is pitiful. I'll bet you my next monthly check they would have made the right calls against Mississippi State

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Just to recap, Fama gets:

- Several missed crucial calls against them
- Missed chip shot Texas field goal
- Injury to Ewers

Take any of that away, and Fama loses.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Deflected off Texas player’s helmet. So that’s an incomplete pass. Not a fumble. If you want to say grounding, I’d understand. But it’s not a fumble.

If you really wanna get technical he was in the grasp and should've been down immediately. You could make a case that it was a fumble because he just released the ball to avoid a sack and not an attempt at a pass.

Whatever the case it should've been a safety not Alabama ball back at the original line of scrimmage.

Dawg1969

Aug 22, 2012
AS much as i hate to say it, you are correct. It hit Texas player helmet and was an incomplete pass.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login