Luke Altmeyer

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Remember the Chicken Littles on here who said Luke Altmeyer would shred us in the Egg Bowl after seeing him play for a quarter against Baylor in the Sugar Bowl. He is currently getting his shite pushed in by Kansas. Just an example of some of the wild reactionary fans we have on here.

BELdog

Aug 23, 2012
The kid can play. I don’t think he’s good enough to have competed for the starting job at Ole Miss, but I’d love to have him on our roster as a back up. He’s got some wheels, but he’s literally been running for his life all night.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
does altmyer have better physical tools than will ? Would he be a better fit for Barbay offense ? I think so

Reactions: BELdog

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Final stats, 19-28, 202 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT. Did have a 72 yard touchdown run where the Kansas defense absolutely fell asleep while playing prevent defense. If Will put up those exact same stats in a double digit loss, a bunch of y’all would be screaming for him to cut from the team.

Reactions: Mack Rebennack

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The kid can play. I don’t think he’s good enough to have competed for the starting job at Ole Miss, but I’d love to have him on our roster as a back up. He’s got some wheels, but he’s literally been running for his life all night.
He's bad. Straight up bad

BELdog

Aug 23, 2012
He's bad. Straight up bad
Meh… I don’t think he’s bad. I already said I didn’t think he was an SEC starter, but there are only 14 of those in the country. Nobody is going to look good playing behind Illinois’ offensive line. I think he’ll look okay by the end of the season. I’m a little biased, but I’m pulling for the kid.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
He should have stayed at Old Mrs. He would be their best QB.
No way he was starting at OM even if he was the second coming of Tom Brady. He wasn't ever going to start over the five star flip from California. Perception over reality.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
No way he was starting at OM even if he was the second coming of Tom Brady. He wasn't ever going to start over the five star flip from California. Perception over reality.
So you agree with Blitzed that an old Mrs cast off is comparable to our 3 year starter? Blitzed is just sour that Will whipped his team last year.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Meh… I don’t think he’s bad. I already said I didn’t think he was an SEC starter, but there are only 14 of those in the country. Nobody is going to look good playing behind Illinois’ offensive line. I think he’ll look okay by the end of the season. I’m a little biased, but I’m pulling for the kid.
A bench guy but I'm not sure he wanted to be that guy at State. Good backup with limited ability and one Leach apparently didn't really want.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Why is everyone shocked that he’s bad? He was terrible in high school
I see I’m not the only one who wasn’t impressed. There’s a reason he’s not in the SEC. I’m surprised he’s playing for a bad Big 10 team.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
So you agree with Blitzed that an old Mrs cast off is comparable to our 3 year starter? Blitzed is just sour that Will whipped his team last year.
No, I think Will is better by a lot but it's going to take Will a few games to adapt. He's seeing things this year defensively that he hasn't seen under Leach. You haven't nor will you ever see me criticize Wills ability.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
No, I think Will is better by a lot but it's going to take Will a few games to adapt. He's seeing things this year defensively that he hasn't seen under Leach. You haven't nor will you ever see me criticize Wills ability.
I didn't think you were but that is Blitzed intent.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login