Luke Hancock is coming back.

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
The last 2 national champs had veteran senior leadership. Just sayin...

[FONT=&quot][tweet]1552342124108152832[/tweet][/FONT]

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The last 2 national champs had veteran senior leadership. Just sayin...

That's great, but can't you see we're in the middle of a protracted political debate about the economy?***

We can't afford to be distracted by Mississippi State Athletics right now.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
But, but we're saving Merriam Webster & the OED a lot of work in that thread.
I was thinking the entire Econ department at Harvard could just retire and let their students read that thread, then they’ll know everything they want about Global Economics.***

I was very happy when I saw Hancock coming back. That’s huge for us. I enjoy watching someone that doesn’t strike out a ton and is gritty. I would have thought he would have been a leader last year but maybe he can step up and contribute more in that department this year.

Herbert Nenninger

Feb 9, 2019
During one of the LSU games last year, LSU hit a base hit, and we had some issue with the cut off, I think throwing to the wrong base or such, some little fundamental glitch. So their runner was able to advance. Hancock immediately chewed out our player and corrected them. It struck at the time that he was the leader in the field. He may not be an all American, but he’s a 6th year senior with a ring on his finger, and that’s a huge asset for a young team.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Hope everyone has the right expectations for him. He will hit probably around .285-.295, 9-10 HRs, and an OPS around .800-.850. And be a solid catcher, but not as good as LoTan.

And to take it another direction - if we all woke up today and found out we'd signed a portal catcher with the exact same stats from say, Tulane or Oklahoma State or wherever, we'd be thrilled.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Hope everyone has the right expectations for him. He will hit probably around .285-.295, 9-10 HRs, and an OPS around .800-.850. And be a solid catcher, but not as good as LoTan.

And to take it another direction - if we all woke up today and found out we'd signed a portal catcher with the exact same stats from say, Tulane or Oklahoma State or wherever, we'd be thrilled.

This is 100% correct. That kind of production from a catcher is perfect.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login