Lunardi has us as the final bye in the tournament

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
This is good. Palm has us as the first of the final four in.

Oklahoma State and West Virginia play tonight. We are ahead of them, but losses still help us. North Carolina losing to Florida State tonight would also help us.

We have a big opportunity to pass Auburn this week. They have Tennessee and Alabama while we have South Carolina and Vanderbilt. Auburn being a buffer between us and a play in game would be ideal. Memphis has SMU and Houston. Not sure losing to Houston will hurt them, but we should all be Mustangs this week. That's the biggest non-MSU game on the slate. USC has games against the Arizona schools. They could go 0-2.

We have to take care of business this week. I have done this a lot over the years. This is the best bubble position we have ever been in. A 9 or 10 seed is for the taking. Have to beat South Carolina and find a way at Vanderbilt.

Last edited:

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I don’t want to get greedy, but I don’t want a play-in game. The real tournament is 64 teams.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
I don’t want to get greedy, but I don’t want a play-in game. The real tournament is 64 teams.
Agreed. Play in is better than NIT, but it sucks. I think we can make noise in the 10 slot.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
The OK State and WVU games are kinda big because it’s a Q1 opportunity for both. Don’t really want teams right behind us in the pecking order boosting themselves with high quality wins at this stage when we may or may not get another chance for a Q1 win.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I would rather us be a 10 to avoid the 1 seed in the first weekend. If the seeding holds, I would feel pretty good about us against KState, Texas or Baylor considering how we played against TCU.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Also, I freaking hate that we close the season at Vandy in that stupid gym where weird stuff seems to always happen. I dread playing in that building more than any other in the SEC.
I mind playing up there much less when we take a team that knows how to play D.

I think we're going to get the two wins this week and not have to sweat what other teams are doing.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I grew to hate Vandy Hoops during the Stans era where it seemed like every year we'd beat them by 20 at our place then lose to them by a similar score at their's. That floor plan of their's is retarded, 17'd up and should be banned.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Like Shan Foster hitting 9 3s in a row? Jack was amusing on that call…..
I think of that game and the 2018 game where Xavian Stapleton shushed the crowd at the free throw line, then missed the next free throw, then Vandy went down and beat us with a three at the buzzer.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login