Lunardi has us up to a 9 seed in Purdue's Corner

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Just avoid a 2nd round matchup with Purdue or UCONN if we are on the 8/9 line
We do not want Houston, in their bracket. All the top teams are good, but Houston is very physical. It's going to take some special team to knock them off before they get to the final four.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I think now that we’ve lost, we’ll settle right on the 9/10 borderline. Could be either one and I wouldn’t be surprised.

Either way, we’ll be the lower seeded team in our first game and have a 1 or 2 seed in our second game. We are capable of making a run but obviously will have to play very well next weekend.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
For what it’s worth, I was talking to a kid that played at MRA this past year and they played Raymond twice. They beat Raymond both times both he said Paymon is the real deal.
If I was Jan’s I would recruit Indiana, they have a ton of pure shooters, many of whom go on to play at mid majors and smaller schools. He is getting the athletes but that is where you go to get kids who know how to play the game and can shoot lights out.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Our kryptonite is teams that can really shoot the 3, because we force a lot of them.

Purdue can really shoot the 3. And they have a mountain to clean up the misses.

If we get past the first game I'd rather not see Purdue.

But hell, they lost to a 16 last year, so what do I know??

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
If I was Jan’s I would recruit Indiana, they have a ton of pure shooters, many of whom go on to play at mid majors and smaller schools. He is getting the athletes but that is where you go to get kids who know how to play the game and can shoot lights out.
So you want Jans to sign a shooter who would otherwise be at a small D1 program?

You would then be the first here to complain about Jans signing a wing that is not a good defender or ball handler(there will be something(s), otherwise they wouldn't be a small D1 program signee.

Reactions: NWADawg

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Our kryptonite is teams that can really shoot the 3, because we force a lot of them.

Purdue can really shoot the 3. And they have a mountain to clean up the misses.

If we get past the first game I'd rather not see Purdue.

But hell, they lost to a 16 last year, so what do I know??
I thought I heard the announcers say we guard the three better than anybody in the sec.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I thought I heard the announcers say we guard the three better than anybody in the sec.

I didn't hear that. May have missed it.

They did say we give up a very high percentage of 3 pt attempts as a percentage of total attempts. Over 40% I think.

Sure seemed like Auburn got a lot more wide azz open 3 attempts than we did today.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Sure seemed like Auburn got a lot more wide azz open 3 attempts than we did today.
My thought exactly. Auburn closed out on our 3 pointers much better than we did on theirs today. I will say though that they had two different 3 pointers in the 2nd half hit the rim then hit the backboard and then go through. Lots of luck on those 6 points and those two shots ended up really being the difference in the game.

Reactions: She Mate Me

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
So you want Jans to sign a shooter who would otherwise be at a small D1 program?

You would then be the first here to complain about Jans signing a wing that is not a good defender or ball handler(there will be something(s), otherwise they wouldn't be a small D1 program signee.
Right, because there is no such thing as a role player in college basketball.

Right because there aren’t any pure shooters playing for mid majors who would greatly help States offense.

If you are going to troll at least troll about a subject you know something about, otherwise you just look like a moron.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I want to play Purdue. I have a lifelong buddy that’s a Purdue fan. As you get older those things matter.

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
I told several buds that Moore should’ve shot a lot more today. He had several open looks but passed.

All else being equal today, our FT shooting got us beat again.

Reactions: HRMSU

msu

Aug 22, 2012
I want to play Purdue. I have a lifelong buddy that’s a Purdue fan. As you get older those things matter.
I am in Indiana. Have a ton of friends that are Purdue folks. Would hav a lot of fun if we get to play.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I told several buds that Moore should’ve shot a lot more today. He had several open looks but passed.

All else being equal today, our FT shooting got us beat again.
Not to mention missing point blank layups. Charles Rhodes does NOT approve of this teams point-blank basket strategy. Dunk that 17er and take any defenders wrists off you have to.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
If we'd lost to Tennessee, we'd probably be out right now. There's a chance we could still wind up in Dayton with all the chaos, but I bet we don't.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Lunardi = dumbass

Episode 12 Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login