Lunardi moved us back to Last Four Byes

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022

He didn’t make the move after our loss to Auburn. The move happened between 8 pm and 10:30 pm CT. I still think we are good to avoid Dayton. Everyone behind us lost today or earlier.

It might mean we won’t be paired with a 1-seed.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

He didn’t make the move after our loss to Auburn. The move happened between 8 pm and 10:30 pm CT. I still think we are good to avoid Dayton. Everyone behind us lost today or earlier.

It might mean we won’t be paired with a 1-seed.

Definitely see a possibility of moving down to a 10 which honestly isn’t terrible.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Personally. All due respect. The “I give up” tells me he doesn’t know ****.
Well of course he doesn't because the bracket predictions are meant to be snapshots of how he thinks the field would look like in that moment.
So when things change, like auto bid surprised, the bracket changes.

His point in making that comment was to highlight how chaotic/surprising this weekend has been.

I dislike Lunardi being some guru for bracket predictions and based on actual bracket predictions when my for Ed's and I gave a damn, he wasn't any more accurate then in simple Sunday selection predictions of who makes the field.
Further, he wasn't always more correct in predicting seeding than some of us, especially after thr 3 seed line.

With that in mind, even I don't hold it against him that teams were upset in conference tournaments and his predictions keep changing. If I can keep in mind that his predictions are simply snapshots in time and show how the field would be if selection took place right then, anyone should be able to keep that in mind.

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
This year is different.

There is always spots for 4 at large bids as 11 seeds to go to Dayton. Because of all the bid steals that should be low seeded AQs, the first at large bids would be 10 seeds.

If they seed appropriately, the first four in Dayton would be 10 seeds this year. It makes me wonder if the committee will artificially overseed schools like NC State, Oregon and Drake as 10 seeds to bump at large schools down to 11 line to justify sending them to the first four in Dayton.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Personally. All due respect. The “I give up” tells me he doesn’t know ****.
I'm always amazed people pay so much attention to bracketology. Other than approximate seedings, it's a total crapshoot what the committee will do. And honestly, pretty much anyone can get the projected seedings approximately right if they just pay a little attention. We're somewhere between a 9 and 11 seed.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I'm always amazed people pay so much attention to bracketology. Other than approximate seedings, it's a total crapshoot what the committee will do. And honestly, pretty much anyone can get the projected seedings approximately right if they just pay a little attention. We're somewhere between a 9 and 11 seed.
He gets the field right every year except for maybe one team. Hes terrible at seeding.

patdog

May 28, 2007
He gets the field right every year except for maybe one team. Hes terrible at seeding.
Most anyone could get at least 64 of the 68 right. If you're truly a bubble team, like we were a week ago, sure, see if he has you in or out. But watching the projected seedings and matchups is pointless.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Our final NET ranking is 31. We should not be in Dayton.
Looks like we're closer to the bubble than many thought, that's the fact. Matter of fact, we're right on it. 'Should' has little to do with it.

Beat Southern and one of the countless SEC games we choked in, and this doesn't matter. Glad we beat Tennessee because without that, we probably ARE in Dayton for sure.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Looks like we're closer to the bubble than many thought, that's the fact. Matter of fact, we're right on it. 'Should' has little to do with it.

Beat Southern and one of the countless SEC games we choked in, and this doesn't matter. Glad we beat Tennessee because without that, we probably ARE in Dayton for sure.
If they didn’t beat Tennessee they might not even be in Dayton. That was a massive win.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
If they didn’t beat Tennessee they might not even be in Dayton. That was a massive win.

Yeah with the benefit of hindsight, just beating LSU wasn’t enough. After the results of last night we’d been in major trouble without the second UT win.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login