Lunardi update 2-23

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Has us as a 9 vs Utah State in 1 Houston's bracket. A&M last in. Bears second of first four out.
AM in. Guess that answers my question as to whether we are a 7 bid league. Would guess a 3-2 finish or 2-3 with a SEC tourney win gets them in.

our 9 seed says we basically held serve. Scary we are only 9 though. For sure means we have to find 2 more wins.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’d rather be an 11. That way you beat a 6 and 3 to get to the sweet 16. Easiest path to sweet 16
Easiest path is a 5, provided that you are not in the Top 16 seeds.

Beyond that, it’s matchup specific. Is beating a 10 and a 2 easier or harder than beating a 6 / 3? Mostly depends on who those 2 and 3 are, and how they matchup with your team.

Sight unseen, I’m taking the 7 seed over the 11 every time. There’s not a ton of separation between a 2-seed and a 3-seed. But there’s a shít ton of separation between a 6 and a 10.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Underrated part of that projection is he has us playing in Memphis. Would take that all day long and imagine we’d have a good crowd there.

I’m not gonna get too hung up on seeding as long as we are in. I mean there are lower seeded teams that could take us out too, not just 1 or 2 seeds. Our last two tourney trips we were eliminated by a 12 seed and an 11 seed.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Agree, but i was assuming our best seed is gonna be an 8 unless we get on a roll to end the year. I’d really like to be a 6….wouldn’t have to play a 1 seed until the 4th round.
To be a 6 would probably mean going 4-1 to finish the season (I’m assuming a loss to Auburn) and then going fairly deep in the SECT.

Reactions: LIdawg1157

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
To be a 6 would probably mean going 4-1 to finish the season (I’m assuming a loss to Auburn) and then going fairly deep in the SECT.
We're currently 36 in the net which is 10 spots behind Colorado State, the lowest ranked 6 seed. Our resume's from a Quads 1-4 resume are almost identical except for the Southern loss. It hurts a lot to think about where we'd be seeded if we didn't have that embarrassing loss on the record

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Looks like for the most part the seeding is following the net pretty closely. I still dont like being a 9, means we cant really stumble too much down the stretch. But the fact that he still has TxAM IN and Ole Miss close to in.. is a good thing for us.

Agree with whomever else said it on the thread, that a 7 seed seems to be about the peak position we can be in, unless we just scorch the earth down the stretch.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The other thing to consider in seeding from I would say 7 and up is good teams from one bid leagues that don’t win their conference tournament and end up as at large. It starts to muddy the water some.

If they end the season on a skid then you start getting a little more concerned about where you land and start creeping toward last four in territory. Again that’s worst case scenario.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login