Major changes coming next year ….

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Keenum's moral compass needle gets so hard. He needs to learn to put it in his pocket. But that's all going to be a pay deal in the future anyway when they do the South Endzone Expansion.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Keenum's moral compass needle gets so hard. He needs to learn to put it in his pocket. But that's all going to be a pay deal in the future anyway when they do the South Endzone Expansion.
My moral compass isn’t anything like Keenum but the Junction had become an embarrassment. And you can’t have that on the 7-8 most important student recruiting days of the year.

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
Good

Attachments

• EAFF719B-F82D-4969-A7A0-DD08B1F32C58.jpeg
    EAFF719B-F82D-4969-A7A0-DD08B1F32C58.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 12

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Can you expand on the “where it’s allowed” part? We tailgate in a pretty isolated area with plenty room for the kids to play etc. I can’t stand the junction and the other areas with tents side by side. As on the fence as I am about football right now they mess up my tailgating spot I’ll probably be done with football.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Don’t know yet.
Outside firm is being brought in that handles Gameday activities and tailgating at other venues to give us a comprehensive plan based on our current tailgating areas and how to enhance it.
Also an internal panel is being put together to work with this outside firm.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Don’t know yet.
Outside firm is being brought in that handles Gameday activities and tailgating at other venues to give us a comprehensive plan based on our current tailgating areas and how to enhance it.
The athletic depts longstanding position that it has no control over or role In the tailgating activities has to stop. It’s important.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
To tailgating and how and where it’s allowed and how the University controls it.
Stems from what happened during and after KY game obviously.
Keenum was embarrassed and pissed that it happened so he’s making sure it doesn’t again in the future.
Good. Of course since it’s 2023 we can’t actually say who or what the problem is that caused the big fiasco during the UK game. But if you were there, then you know.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Don’t know yet.
Do we really need to pay a contractor or this? There's no one in the AD whose title is "Manager of Game Day Operations?"

Reactions: Dawg84 and patdog

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Good. Of course since it’s 2023 we can’t actually say who or what the problem is that caused the big fiasco during the UK game. But if you were there, then you know.
This again. Eye roll emoji.

Say what you think instead of complaining that you can't say what you think, even though nobody is stopping you from saying what you think.
Same as the thread a few weeks ago where multiple people claimed and supported the narrative that you can't say what the problem is or who is creating it...even though it was actively being discussed in the thread.

Weak.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
To tailgating and how and where it’s allowed and how the University controls it.
Cool. Having some order, expectations, and review is what helps preserve fun for the masses moving forward.

Situations with overly drunk people, overly high people, and overly aggressive people need to be addressed early and often.
Be drunk, but be chill. Be high, but be chill.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
This again. Eye roll emoji.

Say what you think instead of complaining that you can't say what you think, even though nobody is stopping you from saying what you think.
Same as the thread a few weeks ago where multiple people claimed and supported the narrative that you can't say what the problem is or who is creating it...even though it was actively being discussed in the thread.

Weak.
There he is!

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Do we really need to pay a contractor or this? There's no one in the AD whose title is "Manager of Game Day Operations?"
I’m sure they could but I’m guessing the outside contractor will primarily look at maximizing revenue off tailgating.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Please explain this to me as if I have no idea whatsoever what you’re talking about.

BTW, I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
We have a whole committee. Mostly university folks. Chaired by a university official. And they have clearly failed and definitely didn’t spot trends.
Correct. There are 9 members that make up the gameday committee and frankly they’re not qualified to run a little league baseball tournament. I don’t like disparaging people, and I won’t name names, but it has been trending down for years. Too much turnover within the athletic department to build relationships with vendors and contractors, zero outside input is listened too, and a whole lot of entitlement has led to this.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Nut up and speak your mind.

I think this is what brought about these changes...people doing so at what is supposed to be a fun, inclusive, family (maybe not friendly but acceptable) event.

I wasn't there for that game, but based on what I've seen for several years it was an obvious creeping decay of what it was intended to be.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

I wasn't at the Kentucky game, so I don't know what happened.

So . . . what happened?

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Correct. There are 9 members that make up the gameday committee and frankly they’re not qualified to run a little league baseball tournament. I don’t like disparaging people, and I won’t name names, but it has been trending down for years. Too much turnover within the athletic department to build relationships with vendors and contractors, zero outside input is listened too, and a whole lot of entitlement has led to this.

"a whole lot of entitlement" - what does that mean?

Entitlement by whom? Entitlement to what exactly?

In other words, what in the world are you talking about?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The problem is that as a society we've moved to point where society doesn't police itself any longer. When folks can't behave appropriately in public, then they have to be regulated.
Bud, police and security have been at large public gatherings for as long as I can remember.
This isn't some new need based on a recent decay of society.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Can you expand on the “where it’s allowed” part? We tailgate in a pretty isolated area with plenty room for the kids to play etc. I can’t stand the junction and the other areas with tents side by side. As on the fence as I am about football right now they mess up my tailgating spot I’ll probably be done with football.
Isolated area, kids playing. I don’t think you are the target for the changes.

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
"a whole lot of entitlement" - what does that mean?

Entitlement by whom? Entitlement to what exactly?

In other words, what in the world are you talking about?
For some people the associate AD tag next to their names on their bios make them smarter, better looking, etc than anyone with a smidge of common sense.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Bud, police and security have been at large public gatherings for as long as I can remember.
This isn't some new need based on a recent decay of society.
You haven't been playing attention well have you? I've been tailgating a long time, and rarely see any security or LE filtering through the tailgate areas.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login