Major League Baseball and players make a deal...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
BREAKING: Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association have reached a tentative agreement on a new labor deal, sources tell ESPN. While it still needs to be ratified by both parties, that is expected to be a formality, and when it is: Baseball is back.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) March 10, 2022

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Weird. The MLBPA executive committee was shooting this down the whole time. Voted 8-0 against it. The teams voted 26-4 for the deal overriding the committee.
Here's the list of ******** and ******* teams who don't want to play ball.

8 committee members trying to torpedo the deal:

Scherzer
Lindor
Andrew Miller
Gerrit Cole
James Paxton
Marcus Semian
Jason Castro
Zack Britton

The 4 teams who voted against the deal:
Mets
Yankees
Cardinals
Astros

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Weird. The MLBPA executive committee was shooting this down the whole time. Voted 8-0 against it. The teams voted 26-4 for the deal overriding the committee.
Here's the list of ******** and ******* teams who don't want to play ball.

8 committee members trying to torpedo the deal:

Scherzer
Lindor
Andrew Miller
Gerrit Cole
James Paxton
Marcus Semian
Jason Castro
Zack Britton

The 4 teams who voted against the deal:
Mets
Yankees
Cardinals
Astros

It's interesting to me. The 8 members of the MLBPA executive committee voted no. Then 26 of the 30 teams went against them and voted yes.

The players are clearly not happy with their union leaders.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Hopefully they won't follow through with banning the shift. It's not really baseball anymore if you can't put your 7 fielders anywhere you want.

I used to kinda like Joey Gallo until I read an article where he was whining so hard about shifts, and the writer pointed out that he could just lay down a few bunts to prove he can, and teams would have to stop doing big shifts on him, and he was just totally uninterested in that idea.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm shocked the two sides managed to reach a deal just in the nick of time to save a full season, therefore not losing any revenue for either side. I never expected that. **

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login